News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Uh Mihali this is the Winter Olympics, i think only one Negro on whole USA team :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2010, 10:23:10 PM
Uh Mihal
i this is the Winter Olympics, i think only one Negro on whole USA team :P

:D  Nobody black got a Winter gold until 1988 if it means anything...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

BuddhaRhubarb

Canada wins Ice Dance! Take that USA! Ha!

:rolleyes:
:p

derspiess

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 22, 2010, 11:59:31 PM

:worthy:  That one American chick was hott as hell. 

My wife forced me to watch the event.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on February 23, 2010, 12:09:56 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 22, 2010, 11:59:31 PM

:worthy:  That one American chick was hott as hell. 

My wife forced me to watch the event.

Which one?

the one who won Silver or the one in 4th place.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

I liked how the Russian chick had a fake nipple on her breast :thumbsup:
:p

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2010, 05:49:48 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 22, 2010, 02:42:12 PM
Is that Jacob?

No, but I think that's his wife. :hmm:

:lmfao:

My wife categorically denies that the woman in the picture is her.  Given that I know for a fact she was nowhere near Whistler or Cypress or any other venue with snow in the last few days I'm forced to accept her statement.

Also, it doesn't really look like her.

Zanza

Virtually all German medalists work for either army, police or customs, i.e. as pseudo civil servants that are basically paid for their sport by the state. Is the same true in other countries as well?

citizen k

Quote from: Zanza on February 23, 2010, 05:43:53 AM
Virtually all German medalists work for either army, police or customs, i.e. as pseudo civil servants that are basically paid for their sport by the state. Is the same true in other countries as well?

Not in U.S.  Here, they work in hardware stores like the Home Depot.

Zanza

I just read a bit more on that. Apparently the German government spends up to 250 million Euro per year on professional olympic level sport. WTF. More than 1000 sportsmen and -women are currently "serving" in various state organizations but actually only practice for their respective sport.

Warspite

Yes - except we call it "lottery money".
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Grey Fox

Kinda, we call that "own the podium" plus private sponsorship.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.