How much time off are you taking over Christmas and what are you doing?

Started by Brazen, December 22, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: citizen k on December 22, 2009, 03:39:10 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 22, 2009, 01:05:28 PM
In accounting, there's no vacations over christmas.

In accounting, no one can hear you scream.

That too. At least I get the 24th and 31st off because the office is closed on those days. It might be I have to work on 6th January, though (epiphany is public holiday in Austria).

I have my next vacation already planned, though. 2 days in February. Then a day in March. Then 2 days in April. Then two weeks in May. Then two weeks in August. And then it'll be dry season until February again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

I'm in Dorset for a week or so.  Today I will have: CREAM TEA :mmm: :w00t:

Back to London to organise the New Year's event of the year. 

Then relax for ten days before I start work.  Oh and I want fish and chips.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 05:50:47 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 22, 2009, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 05:31:03 PM
I did my final bout of Christmas shopping. I got the Best of Elton John "Yellow Brick Road Anniversary Edition" CDs, "Joys of Gay Sex" guide book, Frankie Goes to Hollywood Greatest Hits, Like a Prayer Remastered CD, a Mika's latest album, plus, for a gift, a gay novel and a pair of red Tommy Hillfiger briefs.

I think the shop attendant may have suspected I'm gay. :ph34r:

Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by homosexuality yet? Do you also buy gay shampoo?

I like rpgs, Quentin Tarantino and The Scrubs. :unsure:
Besides, Larchy, did you buy any "homosexuality-themed" gifts or stuff recently?

Because if you didn't - let me turn the question around - Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by heterosexuality yet? Do you also buy straight shampoo?

Pedrito

I'll take a tenday off starting the 25th to bring the kids to the mountains (Languish meet May '09, hint hint): relax, sleighing and skiing will be my most intense activities.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2009, 03:11:00 AM
I did my final bout of Christmas shopping. I got the Best of Elton John "Yellow Brick Road Anniversary Edition" CDs, "Joys of Gay Sex" guide book, Frankie Goes to Hollywood Greatest Hits, Like a Prayer Remastered CD, a Mika's latest album, plus, for a gift, a gay novel and a pair of red Tommy Hillfiger briefs.

Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by homosexuality yet? Do you also buy gay shampoo?

Besides, Larchy, did you buy any "homosexuality-themed" gifts or stuff recently?

Because if you didn't - let me turn the question around - Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by heterosexuality yet? Do you also buy straight shampoo?

Oooh, I hit a nerve!  :P  :hug:
More later, don't have time now!  :)

Valdemar

I don't have any days left to take, if I still want to go skiing in week 7..

So, today I'm working from home :P And I'll be doing that more or less on mon. to wed. next week :D

V

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2009, 03:11:00 AM

Of course he did.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on December 22, 2009, 08:39:15 PM
As for what I'm doing, the kids are at their dad's from yesterday through December 31, so Max and I plan to have lots of sex between now and then. We're going to midnight mass at the episcopalian church nearby on Christmas Eve, then fuck all on Christmas Day. We might have dinner with some friends at a Chinese restaurant, or we may stay in depending on if we can be bothered to get dressed.
Can I clone you PLZ.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2009, 08:40:07 AM
Quote from: merithyn on December 22, 2009, 08:39:15 PM
As for what I'm doing, the kids are at their dad's from yesterday through December 31, so Max and I plan to have lots of sex between now and then. We're going to midnight mass at the episcopalian church nearby on Christmas Eve, then fuck all on Christmas Day. We might have dinner with some friends at a Chinese restaurant, or we may stay in depending on if we can be bothered to get dressed.
Can I clone you PLZ.

This has been our tradition since we moved to Champaign, and we love it. We do NOTHING on Christmas day, though the first year down here we were stunned to find that pizza places are closed and were forced to cook. Since then, we found out that Chinese places are open and more than happy to deliver. It's just not an important holiday for us, though we do exchange gifts because that's fun to do.

The midnight mass thing is new. I thought it would be fun to see what it's like, since I've only been to one episcopalian mass and liked it well enough, and I used to love singing carols at the catholic church I went to on Christmas Eve. If we like it, we may do it again. If not, well, it will have been a new experience. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

merithyn

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on December 23, 2009, 09:05:54 AM
This has been our tradition since we moved to Champaign, and we love it. We do NOTHING on Christmas day, though the first year down here we were stunned to find that pizza places are closed and were forced to cook. Since then, we found out that Chinese places are open and more than happy to deliver. It's just not an important holiday for us, though we do exchange gifts because that's fun to do.
Duh.  I learned that from A Christmas Story.
QuoteThe midnight mass thing is new. I thought it would be fun to see what it's like, since I've only been to one episcopalian mass and liked it well enough, and I used to love singing carols at the catholic church I went to on Christmas Eve. If we like it, we may do it again. If not, well, it will have been a new experience. :D
Helpful hint: It will be RIDICULOUSLY PACKED. -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2009, 09:11:30 AM
Duh.  I learned that from A Christmas Story.

Haven't seen the movie since it first came out, and in the Chicago suburbs, the pizza places are still open. :contract:

QuoteHelpful hint: It will be RIDICULOUSLY PACKED. -_-

Oh yeah, I figured. We're going with a friend who attends this church regularly, so he's already got us planning to be at the church by 10pm. (I guess they start singing carols at 10:30, and mass actually starts around 11:30-ish.) We'll do dinner with him, then head to the church. I even intend to dress up a bit. ^_^

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on December 23, 2009, 09:10:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 23, 2009, 09:10:03 AM
Church on Christmas.

Insane!

It isn't expected when one isn't Christian. :)

I'm a christian. Actually resigning out of church requires effort and well, that's too much to ask.