How much time off are you taking over Christmas and what are you doing?

Started by Brazen, December 22, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: citizen k on December 22, 2009, 03:39:10 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 22, 2009, 01:05:28 PM
In accounting, there's no vacations over christmas.

In accounting, no one can hear you scream.
At least the pays good... oh wait.

and a pre-emptive screw you to katmai :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on December 22, 2009, 05:10:51 PM
Quote from: citizen k on December 22, 2009, 03:39:10 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 22, 2009, 01:05:28 PM
In accounting, there's no vacations over christmas.

In accounting, no one can hear you scream.
At least the pays good... oh wait.

and a pre-emptive screw you to katmai :P

:nelson:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Iormlund

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2009, 04:02:08 PM
Impressive.  Overall, it appears Euros aren't quite as lazy as I'd previously believed. *golf clap*

I don't know about other Euros, but in Spain many people work insane hours. Unpaid, of course. Which leads to people doing fuck all during those hours ...

Anyway, I'm not taking any day off either. Got too much work to do, and I hate wasting days during short work-weeks such as these.
Though I might ask to spend a few in exchange for afternoons off. I fucking hate coming back to work after lunch. Kills my productivity, too.

Barrister

It's only the second day of courts being closed and I'm already getting bored at work.  :boring:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

I did my final bout of Christmas shopping. I got the Best of Elton John "Yellow Brick Road Anniversary Edition" CDs, "Joys of Gay Sex" guide book, Frankie Goes to Hollywood Greatest Hits, Like a Prayer Remastered CD, a Mika's latest album, plus, for a gift, a gay novel and a pair of red Tommy Hillfiger briefs.

I think the shop attendant may have suspected I'm gay. :ph34r:

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 05:31:03 PM
I did my final bout of Christmas shopping. I got the Best of Elton John "Yellow Brick Road Anniversary Edition" CDs, "Joys of Gay Sex" guide book, Frankie Goes to Hollywood Greatest Hits, Like a Prayer Remastered CD, a Mika's latest album, plus, for a gift, a gay novel and a pair of red Tommy Hillfiger briefs.

Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by homosexuality yet? Do you also buy gay shampoo?

sbr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 22, 2009, 04:18:07 PM
I may go to: The Rose Bowl.

I just found out my friend who was going to be having a New Years Eve party got a ticket to go.  Lucky bastard.

I am on vacation this week and next.  I haven't work more than 10 days since the start of November though.

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on December 22, 2009, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 05:31:03 PM

Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by homosexuality yet? Do you also buy gay shampoo?

I like rpgs, Quentin Tarantino and The Scrubs. :unsure:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grallon

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 22, 2009, 03:43:36 PM
None.  Working.  Taking all of January off.   :cool:

There's my man! ^_^

Working over the holidays and will take 2-3 weeks sometime in january/february - once I've accumulated it.  Does a world of good to really take of for several weeks.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

PRC

merithyn

I'll work tomorrow from noon until around 6pm or so, then I'm officially off until January 5. On January 5, I'm going on a three-day, two-night company retreat. My real day back will be January 11. That being said, I'm on call for the company from December 26-31, since the owner will be in North Carolina.

As for what I'm doing, the kids are at their dad's from yesterday through December 31, so Max and I plan to have lots of sex between now and then. We're going to midnight mass at the episcopalian church nearby on Christmas Eve, then fuck all on Christmas Day. We might have dinner with some friends at a Chinese restaurant, or we may stay in depending on if we can be bothered to get dressed.

The week after will be spent cleaning the bedrooms until they shine since my mother is coming for a visit. On December 31, the entire Meri family will be coming here for the new year (and I can tell you Max is thrilled!) and to celebrate Jak and Carter's 16th birthday. (It's January 2.) There will be much sewing, puzzles, computer gaming, and board gaming while I'm off, as well.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Strix

I get Christmas off because I have to take it, hehehehehehe. I'd rather be out grabbing absconders at 5:00 am on Christmas Day because I know where they'll be.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher