How much time off are you taking over Christmas and what are you doing?

Started by Brazen, December 22, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Last day tomorrow and don't come back until 4th January. 11 days holiday for just 2.5 days annual leave  :w00t:

I'm spending Christmas day with the old man and cooking roast lamb.

What I should do: decorate the bathroom and main bedroom
What I'll probably do: sit on the sofa eating cheese footballs and watching rubbish TV

viper37

Quote from: Brazen on December 22, 2009, 11:01:02 AM
Last day tomorrow and don't come back until 4th January. 11 days holiday for just 2.5 days annual leave  :w00t:

I'm spending Christmas day with the old man and cooking roast lamb.

What I should do: decorate the bathroom and main bedroom
What I'll probably do: sit on the sofa eating cheese footballs and watching rubbish TV
I haven't decided yet.  I'm the office today for sure, most of the day, tomorrow, I don't really know.  Depends how I feel.  I do have a lot of work to do, I'm just not sure if it's worth it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

No time off, aside from the public holidays. 

What I should do: study the financial markets, and decide what to do next.
What I'll probably do: play games, languish, watch movies, go to wherever the wife wants to go. 

PDH

I am done teaching, my "official" break is the same as yours, B, but no personal or vacation time needed - the university shuts down and pays us to stay away.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

I'm taking Christmas Eve and New year's eve off.

I'm spending Christmas Eve evening with parents. Then meeting a friend briefly during Christmas day. Then going for the dinner to my parents again. Then probably spending Saturday and/or Sunday with my boyfriend. Then back to work. Then having a house party on New year's eve. In the meantime I'm gonna watch Dexter, The Wire, Queer As Folk, Mad Men and Entourage.

Caliga

PDH, I used to get the same deal at HGSE: the university shut down for the entire time between Xmas and New Years so I got a "free" paid week of vacation.  Including that I got six weeks off a year.  Probably never see that again as long as I live. -_-

This year, I'm working Christmas Eve till noonish, probably, then off Christmas.  Next week, off the 31st and 1st.

I actually like to work between Christmas and New Year's, because nobody is around to annoy me and I can get a lot of shit done.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Duque de Bragança

It started December 18th under the snow. Won't go back to the Ford of the Franks till January 10 th. More than expected and sooner than I expected but I'll live with the consequences ;)

Ed Anger

Took 4 weeks off. Going to spend Christmas with the kids, since this is the first year the twins sorta understand there is FREE STUFF Friday.

I'll likely put in an appearance at the wife's church for her. I'll give the old gossips some new material to talk about.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

syk

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2009, 11:14:17 AM
PDH, I used to get the same deal at HGSE: the university shut down for the entire time between Xmas and New Years so I got a "free" paid week of vacation.  Including that I got six weeks off a year.  Probably never see that again as long as I live. -_-

I get that. :yeah:

I've been off since noon last Friday, and I won't be back until the 4th.  I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow morning, hopefully at the ass-crack of dawn.

DontSayBanana

Semester break until January 25th.  Trying to get my druthers to do more applications for part-time work so I can get away from the strings of a Workforce Development grant.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Not taking any time off.  :yeah:

No, really.

The courts shut down this week and next.  So this is some of the easiest time to work you'll ever see.  Besides we'll almost certainly be told to go home at noon on the 24th, and probably on the 31st as well.

In past years we spend the holidays travelling from Yukon, to Alberta, to Manitoba, and back.  It is such a relief to not be travelling anywhere.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 11:12:16 AM
Then going for the dinner to my parents again. Then probably spending Saturday and/or Sunday with my boyfriend.
My bloke's working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day :D

He finishes 5pm Christmas day though so I'll pick him up in time to criticise my cooking (thus introducing the usually sitcom-worthy new bloke/family Christmas dinner scenario), then he'll have a couple of random days off during the week.

Zanza

My last day at work was the 17th, I'll go back the 11th.

I will spend time with family and friends.

HVC

I have no days off, so i get thursday and friday off, then the 1st off. But since most of the stuff i monitor will be shut down i'll be here twiddling my thumbs once i get year end down (from my prospective much less work then my colleages.)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.