How much time off are you taking over Christmas and what are you doing?

Started by Brazen, December 22, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 23, 2009, 09:14:17 AM

Actually resigning out of church requires effort and well, that's too much to ask.

:huh:

How so? Just don't go. It worked for me when I left the Catholic church some 10 years ago.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Well yeah but I've never been to mass. What am I saying is they probably have records somewhere & I'm still a member there.

But you are right.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 23, 2009, 10:04:47 AM
I require demand, a cooked meal on Christmas.
I've already been to a friend in Bristol for one Christmas dinner, I've cooked one and now I'm in Dorset I'll get one on Christmas too - plus 3 days of left overs.  Christmas isn't about peace and good will; or Jesus and Santa; or giving and receiving.  Christmas is about engorging myself with roast flesh and root veg :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

I have a three day weekend out of it. Xmas eve we close up early at 7pm, heading to the Boss' house for an Anti-Xmas drinking festival. Xmas day, likely crawl outta bed and head over to another co=workers for big greasy Breakfast and other Hangover cures.

Boxing Day. Stay home watch Hollywood Blockbusters all day.

whew.
:p

The Larch

Quote from: The Larch on December 23, 2009, 05:36:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2009, 03:11:00 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 05:50:47 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 22, 2009, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 05:31:03 PM
I did my final bout of Christmas shopping. I got the Best of Elton John "Yellow Brick Road Anniversary Edition" CDs, "Joys of Gay Sex" guide book, Frankie Goes to Hollywood Greatest Hits, Like a Prayer Remastered CD, a Mika's latest album, plus, for a gift, a gay novel and a pair of red Tommy Hillfiger briefs.

I think the shop attendant may have suspected I'm gay. :ph34r:

Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by homosexuality yet? Do you also buy gay shampoo?

I like rpgs, Quentin Tarantino and The Scrubs. :unsure:
Besides, Larchy, did you buy any "homosexuality-themed" gifts or stuff recently?

Because if you didn't - let me turn the question around - Is there anything in your like that hasn't been taken over by heterosexuality yet? Do you also buy straight shampoo?

Oooh, I hit a nerve!  :P  :hug:
More later, don't have time now!  :)

Ok, I'm back.  :) What I meant, in a friendly ribbing way, is that lately your whole existence, as shown through your behaviour in the forum, seems to revolve around your homosexuality, and your shopping list kinda validates that. All of this is cool for me, but seems kinda obsessive to build so much of your life and personality around it. There's more to life than sexuality.  :) Back in the day your line was "Gay atheist Polish lawyer", and nowadays it seems as if the gay part has swallowed the other three items.  ;)

As for the second part, there's no need to make everything sexual, things can be perfectly fine and neutral, not everything has to be either homo or hetero.

If you want to keep discussing this, maybe we can go somewhere else, though, as we'd viciously hijack this thread otherwise.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

I'm not taking off on Monday after Xmas, but I am taking the rest of the week off until the 4th.

Now that his semester is done and we'll both have the week off, my wargaming buddy and I are going to knock out a few different games.

merithyn

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2009, 06:12:26 PM
Now that his semester is done and we'll both have the week off

At that point I was like, "WTF? Seedie is living with someone?" :lol:

After the second half I was, "I should have been expecting this."

Buy lube.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on December 23, 2009, 11:02:54 PM
And.... I'm done until January 11. :D
Didn't you just start a new job?  :huh:

People who start a new job, and then immediately go on vacation, get put on my Shit List. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

And it's Christmas Eve and I'm at work.

The drive in and finding a parking spot was super easy.

But my usual coffee joint is closed.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on December 24, 2009, 11:18:08 AM
Quote from: merithyn on December 23, 2009, 11:02:54 PM
And.... I'm done until January 11. :D
Didn't you just start a new job?  :huh:

People who start a new job, and then immediately go on vacation, get put on my Shit List. :mad:

The office is closed until January 11. We go on a company retreat January 5-7 and I will be on call from December 26-31, but otherwise, I'm pretty much free-wheeling it.