Main Menu

NFL Week 14

Started by katmai, December 10, 2009, 11:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

:o

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2009/12/oh-no-patriots-mascot-arrested-in-prostitution-sting.html.php
QuoteOh no! Patriots mascot nabbed in prostitution sting
Fri Dec 11,2009 7:00 PM ET By Rick Chandler

I don't know how to say this so I'm just going to say it; Pat the Patriot, beloved mascot of the New England Patriots and inspiration to Boston-area children since 1960, has been arrested in a prostitution sting. But it gets worse: Evidently Pat was caught answering a naughty ad on Craigslist. Placed by a policeman in Rhode Island.

Rumor has it that local prostitutes called Pat by his other nickname, "The Revolutionary Minuteman." They did not mean it as a compliment.

Law enforcement sources told NBC 10 one of the johns who tried to pay for sex with a prostitute was 47-year-old Robert Sormanti of Warwick. He is one of several people who plays the Pat the Patriot mascot.

"The Pat Patriot mascot costume is worn by multiple people, each of whom are held responsible and accountable for their actions. The individual in question has been suspended. The mascot responsibilities will continue to be fulfilled by others," said a statement from the team.

Sormanti was one of eight johns arrested in the sting, and is one of several people who play Pat the Patriot. Who knows precisely what's been going on in that costume since he's occupied it?

As if a team mascot doesn't have it bad enough; now the other people who wear the Pat costume are going to have to hear it from drunken Boston fans for the rest of eternity. Two more regular-season home games, including Sunday vs. Carolina. Get your signs ready.

Man who plays Patriots mascot arrested in prostitution sting [Turn to 10.com]
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Was Belichick filming it?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 12, 2009, 06:09:33 AM
Loz.

Also, I asked when you wanted to meet up last night and got no reply.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2009, 07:25:47 PM
Gracias!

Also, your boy Troy has his own radio show on Monday evenings, and has made his intentions known that he's a quarterback, not a running back or wide receiver.  He's done it in a nice way, but I'm sure the coaching staff knows his feelings.

Strix

It was a very pathetic game. It's tough being a fan these days. The Steelers play for Championships each season, so anything less than a title game is a disappointment. I wish I could be a fan of a team that's major goal is just to make the playoffs such as the Bungles and Ravens.

I have to wonder how much Ward's statements about Ben got to him or the team?!? The Offense had little heart or motivation out there.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 12, 2009, 06:25:10 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 12, 2009, 06:09:33 AM
Loz.

Also, I asked when you wanted to meet up last night and got no reply.

I'm slow with facebook.
Anyway, this weekend is/was bad for me - I had a coworker's wedding, then I had to wrap up my Christmas shopping. Sorry if you were waiting on me or something.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2009, 06:25:31 PM
They've really put the kabosh on a lot of the innovativeness of the offense;  for whatever reason--and I blame Cam Cameron--they're trying to establish a more conventional offense for Flacco, as opposed to last year where they supported his rookie-ism with a 60% rushing game and Wildcat stuff to keep his mistakes to a minimum.

I have to question the Raven's wisdom in hiring Cameron after he came off such a dismal performance as the Dolphins skipper.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: vonmoltke on December 12, 2009, 12:26:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2009, 06:25:31 PM
They've really put the kabosh on a lot of the innovativeness of the offense;  for whatever reason--and I blame Cam Cameron--they're trying to establish a more conventional offense for Flacco, as opposed to last year where they supported his rookie-ism with a 60% rushing game and Wildcat stuff to keep his mistakes to a minimum.

I have to question the Raven's wisdom in hiring Cameron after he came off such a dismal performance as the Dolphins skipper.

Some guys are simply better coordinators than head coaches.  He's proven himself as a points monger before when he's had the talent.

I see two problems with the Ravens offense, and how he's working it:  he's trying to establish Flacco as a force still too early in his career, and with wide receivers that do not complement the type of offense he wants.  They've got no bona fide #1.  Mason and Clayton are cookie cutter copies of each other, excellent route runners with great hands, but not the speed on the outside they need.  They need a Marshall, a Moulds, a Jackson.  Somebody bigger, faster, stronger.

Look at what happens when they play defensive teams with better athletes at CB, (e.g., the Bengals);  the deep routes and outside lanes get shut down, and the field gets shortened.  Next thing you know, it's 3rd and 7, and dumping 3 yard passes off to Rice, hoping he makes the first.  That's no way to run a railroad.

Personally, I feel the Ravens are still built as a run-first team, and they've gotten away from that to their detriment.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2009, 12:39:40 PM
Some guys are simply better coordinators than head coaches.  He's proven himself as a points monger before when he's had the talent.

I see two problems with the Ravens offense, and how he's working it:  he's trying to establish Flacco as a force still too early in his career, and with wide receivers that do not complement the type of offense he wants.  They've got no bona fide #1.  Mason and Clayton are cookie cutter copies of each other, excellent route runners with great hands, but not the speed on the outside they need.  They need a Marshall, a Moulds, a Jackson.  Somebody bigger, faster, stronger.

Look at what happens when they play defensive teams with better athletes at CB, (e.g., the Bengals);  the deep routes and outside lanes get shut down, and the field gets shortened.  Next thing you know, it's 3rd and 7, and dumping 3 yard passes off to Rice, hoping he makes the first.  That's no way to run a railroad.

Personally, I feel the Ravens are still built as a run-first team, and they've gotten away from that to their detriment.

I think that was his key failing at the head of the Dolphins.  They've had a good run offense ever since they picked up Ronnie Brown, but it was underutilized before Sparano, and Cameron was one of the worst offenders for that.  He made his name in a West Coast offense, with a strong quarterback, one or two key receivers, and a catch-and-run halfback.  He keeps trying to force that formula on teams that aren't built for it, though.

CountDeMoney

lol, the acorn never falls too far from the tree.

QuoteMother of Steelers' James Harrison charged in Ohio brawl
Friday, December 11, 2009
The Associated Press

AKRON, Ohio -- Police in Ohio say the mother of Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been charged with assault following a brawl at a game-watching party in a community hall.

Akron police say 62-year-old Mildred Harrison was one of three people cited after the fight at a Veterans of Foreign Wars post Thursday.

Police say it's not clear why the party turned violent about 10 p.m., during Cleveland's 13-6 upset of division foe Pittsburgh.

Victims have told police they were pushed, punched and struck with beer bottles.

Harrison is due in Akron Municipal Court on Thursday. She declined to comment to the Akron Beacon-Journal when reached by telephone at her Akron home Friday.

James Harrison was the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 2008.

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2009, 03:02:19 PM
lol, the acorn never falls too far from the tree.

QuoteMother of Steelers' James Harrison charged in Ohio brawl
Friday, December 11, 2009
The Associated Press

AKRON, Ohio -- Police in Ohio say the mother of Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been charged with assault following a brawl at a game-watching party in a community hall.

Akron police say 62-year-old Mildred Harrison was one of three people cited after the fight at a Veterans of Foreign Wars post Thursday.

Police say it's not clear why the party turned violent about 10 p.m., during Cleveland's 13-6 upset of division foe Pittsburgh.

Victims have told police they were pushed, punched and struck with beer bottles.

Harrison is due in Akron Municipal Court on Thursday. She declined to comment to the Akron Beacon-Journal when reached by telephone at her Akron home Friday.

James Harrison was the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 2008.

She should have just hopped in her limo and left.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on December 12, 2009, 03:44:15 PM

Now, now...let's not get bitchy because your team is committing the GREATEST MELTDOWN IN NFL HISTORY.

Sophie Scholl

Right now's Steelers v. Last year's Detroit Lions.  Who wins? :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2009, 03:59:19 PM
Quote from: Strix on December 12, 2009, 03:44:15 PM

Now, now...let's not get bitchy because your team is committing the GREATEST MELTDOWN IN NFL HISTORY.
Hard to say.  After all, the Patriots might miss the playoffs too.  And that'd be great.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.