Happy thanksgiving, everyone!

Started by merithyn, November 24, 2009, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2009, 08:29:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2009, 08:24:35 PM
Nothing like eating to the point of sheer discomfort.

Got yelled at by Mom during game time for taking it too seriously with my 6 year old niece, so once the tears started, I had to take a dive in Candyland.

Just wait until they tell on you for thrashing them on Burnout on the console.

"One day, Uncle Jay Jay will teach you how to play the games he likes."
"What kind of games?"
"Board wargames.  We could play all sorts of games about the Eastern Front."
"Do they have princesses?"
"Yes. Princess Paulus."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on November 26, 2009, 06:20:30 PM
Isn't it awfully early to eat dinner, even Thanksgiving dinner?

It's only just 6pm on the east coast...
If you hold off till the evening you can't fit in the traditional Thanksgiving Day nap.

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 26, 2009, 10:22:05 AM
Quote from: dps on November 26, 2009, 02:20:00 AM
Well, I get to go to my wife's grandmother's for Thanksgiving dinner.  First time I've spent Thanksgiving with any of the in-laws.

AA?

Yeah.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on November 26, 2009, 07:32:44 PM
Most people I know do Thanksgiving starting at noon or 1.  We got there around 12:30 and started eating roughly 1:15 (because my sister in law was, as usual, late).
That's true, it annoys the hell out of me. Big meals shouldn't be eaten in the evening. There's no need to change that policy on holidays;
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I'm posting from work on a Friday. It's not a holiday. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

My workplace was open on Thanksgiving, but I lucked out and got the day off.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Strix

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 26, 2009, 11:20:24 PM

You need a better Union!  <_<
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

HVC

Quote from: Strix on November 27, 2009, 10:18:17 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 26, 2009, 11:20:24 PM

You need a better Union!  <_<
He's jumped ship to another country during the tough economic times. No turkey for him!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Oh man I overdosed on smoked turkey.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

The turkey at the restaurant we went to yesterday wasn't bad.  But it was still Thanksgiving in a restaurant  <_<

Mom decided she would've been "too stressed" to do Thanksgiving and Christmas at her house and my sister in law decided her house was too small (it's not).  Our house really is too small to host everyone, so we went out for dinner.  So much for tradition.

Anywho, I almost had mom in tears when I announced that if they pull something like that next year, I'm boycotting the whole thing. 

Wife felt bad for me, so she's doing an entire Turkey dinner tomorrow just for me :wub:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2009, 03:58:45 PM
The turkey at the restaurant we went to yesterday wasn't bad.  But it was still Thanksgiving in a restaurant  <_<

Mom decided she would've been "too stressed" to do Thanksgiving and Christmas at her house and my sister in law decided her house was too small (it's not).  Our house really is too small to host everyone, so we went out for dinner.  So much for tradition.

Anywho, I almost had mom in tears when I announced that if they pull something like that next year, I'm boycotting the whole thing. 

You sound like my whiny brothers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

stjaba

Thanksgiving part 1 was at my Mom's.

Thanksgiving part 2 was at my Dad's.

Thanksgiving part 3 was at my girlfriend's family's house.

By the time I got to my girlfriend's, I was completely full, but I did the polite thing and continued to stuff my face.

Malthus

No wonder Americans have an issue with obesity.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius