And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy thanksgiving, everyone!

Started by merithyn, November 24, 2009, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 25, 2009, 10:02:20 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 25, 2009, 08:25:47 PM
My Thanksgiving will consist of me working (right now, actually), and then eating smoked salmon for dinner.

Stupid foreigners and their not honoring American holidays. Bunch of communists, they are. :mad:

I messaged the local American guys, but they're too cheap and they're too apathetic to even get a rotisserie chicken and have a few drinks. <_<

Where did you get smoked Salmon?

Parents sent it from home. :mmm:
They sent me some oatmeal, too. I'm not trying to ration it, because I don't think its available outside of Costco.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 25, 2009, 10:02:20 PM
I messaged the local American guys, but they're too cheap and they're too apathetic to even get a rotisserie chicken and have a few drinks. <_<

Last year I just went to a buffet by myself.  Place I went to had roast beef, ham, deep fried turkey, baked turkey, bbq ribs, crab, etc and full range of side dishes.

dps

Well, I get to go to my wife's grandmother's for Thanksgiving dinner.  First time I've spent Thanksgiving with any of the in-laws.

Brazen

Off to a huge Thanksgiving dinner hosted by an American friend for about 20 of us ungrateful colonists :)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2009, 09:07:01 AM
I'm bored.

Give your wife a surprise and try to stuff her turkey.  Nothing like a getting a little Thanks.

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on November 26, 2009, 02:20:00 AM
Well, I get to go to my wife's grandmother's for Thanksgiving dinner.  First time I've spent Thanksgiving with any of the in-laws.

AA?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Today Thanksgiving with Princesca's mother's family will include a British national and a Swiss national.  The British lady is a friend of my mother-in-law who followed a husband here (who then left her), and the Swiss lady is a friend of Princesca's who followed a husband here (who then died).

Multicultural Thanksgiving FTW  :cool:

Oh, and Princesca called her Swiss friend earlier to ask her if she's allergic to dogs, since her aunt and uncle have one.  Her response "No.  What I am allergic to is bigotry and intolerance."

This oughta be fun. :smoke:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 26, 2009, 10:24:32 AM
Today Thanksgiving with Princesca's mother's family will include a British national and a Swiss national.  The British lady is a friend of my mother-in-law who followed a husband here (who then left her), and the Swiss lady is a friend of Princesca's who followed a husband here (who then died).

Multicultural Thanksgiving FTW  :cool:

Oh, and Princesca called her Swiss friend earlier to ask her if she's allergic to dogs, since her aunt and uncle have one.  Her response "No.  What I am allergic to is bigotry and intolerance."

This oughta be fun. :smoke:

:lol:

*makes note to read this thread tonight*

Strix

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Happy T-Day all!  :bowler:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Syt

I give my thanks for during the week football on tv. Even if it's GB-Detroit and Oakland-Dallas (Giants - Broncos will be too late for me).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger