Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 11:29:13 AM
What door?
I'm sorry, I thought you meant the fight in the Redcliffe Castle yard, but you meant the one in the actual village.

So, what I did was put everyone with ranged weapons, except the tank, wich I kep on hold.  That's the first part with the Knights.  I let them cross the fire, then shoot them one by one, letting the allied knights attack them.

Once I get the message that they are coming from the harbour, I raced there, and I used melee attack for nearly all of my characters (I let the mage a little behind me), it was the only way I could survive, fighting alongside the militia, otherwise, they were immediatly killed and then I got overwhelmed by the zombies.
No particular tricks, just hack&slash, use healing spell and the freezing one.  Usually, concentrate on one or two targets at a time so they are quickly dispatched.  I play on hard, and once I did that, I could dispose of them pretty easily with most of the militia surviving.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Cal, you were not paying attention to the dialogue.  The Arl's brother tells you that the soldiers will be waiting for you to open the gate - it is basically your mission... ;)

Berk, in the village brawl, you can win the battle without leading them back up to the soldiers but you need Morrigan to have some healing and crowd control spells and you need everyone to use healing and lesser healing early and often once you get down to the village.

If you need to, retreat back up to the soldiers and then the battle gets easy.

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2009, 12:19:48 PM
Cal, you were not paying attention to the dialogue.  The Arl's brother tells you that the soldiers will be waiting for you to open the gate - it is basically your mission... ;)
I forgot.  :blush:  I usually only play this game for like 1-2 hour stretches at a time... which is why I'm not even close to beating it yet.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2009, 12:19:48 PM

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 12:20:52 PM
I forgot.  :blush:  I usually only play this game for like 1-2 hour stretches at a time... which is why I'm not even close to beating it yet.
I have, I think, nearly 80hrs of game time and I have not finished yet :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

For the Village, I had Winne, Morrigan & Leliana + my dwarf tank.

Everyone died except my tank, I had no more potions & barely any HP left. I ran to the Knights. They took care of everything quite easily.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Once you get ahead of the spawn rate the zombie horde is manageable.  Focus fire and fast kills did it for me but it took me two tries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

Not sure if this has been posted

I just added a really useful mod that puts a chest in your campsite so that you can store items.  It's been really useful for me, especially to stash all my gifts in there which take up ridiculous amounts of room in my pack

http://social.bioware.com/project/463/#details

Grallon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 17, 2009, 02:08:26 PM

I just added a really useful mod that puts a chest in your campsite so that you can store items.  It's been really useful for me, especially to stash all my gifts in there which take up ridiculous amounts of room in my pack

DragonNexus?  That's a collection of mods being churned out.  I installed the Respec mod - very nice.  I'll look up this one - it will be useful.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

That will help a great deal.

Also, if a respec mod does what I think that will be fantanstic - does it work for the NPC's in your party as well?

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 17, 2009, 02:08:26 PM

You could use the dwarf merchant as a pawn shop for the same purpose, though. ;)

Martinus

Also, I think I will have to wait a couple of weeks before the replay. I tried doing it and felt bored very quickly. On the other hand, when I sit here I keep thinking of replaying it. So yeah, need a break from the "mechanics" so to speak.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2009, 02:21:14 PM
You could use the dwarf merchant as a pawn shop for the same purpose, though. ;)

And pay 5 gold for the item you sold him for 1.  I think I'll stick with my free camp chest.

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 17, 2009, 02:36:53 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2009, 02:21:14 PM

And pay 5 gold for the item you sold him for 1.  I think I'll stick with my free camp chest.

It's cheating, though. :P

DisturbedPervert

I'll think I'll install the respec mod too.  I want to get rid of pickpocket and replace it with something else.  I've used it exactly 3 times, all in Orzammar during the intro.