And we're back!

Main Menu

Top 10 Blockbusters that sucked

Started by viper37, September 28, 2009, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 30, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
Am I the only one here who liked Waterworld? :blush:

My cousin loves Waterworld. We all give him shit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on September 28, 2009, 03:34:41 PM

I want to see William Conrad punch Will Smith. Unlikely though. :(

That or or being strafed by Pappy Boyington in its Corsair.

Waterworld wasn't that bad since it was one the last big budget Mad Max-like production without obtrusive CGI crap. Most critics have not seen it of course.
Neil would also love the post-apocalyptic Lingua Franca in this movie too :)

Zoupa

300 was a terrible movie. What is it whith you guys all having a giant boner for it?

Fags.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on September 30, 2009, 02:23:47 AM
300 was a terrible movie. What is it whith you guys all having a giant boner for it?

Fags.

If you change that bolded letter to an "a" then you wouldn't have needed to ask the question. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 28, 2009, 03:10:48 PM
I've got a confession:

I sorta liked Wild Wild West:Embarrass:

yeah me to...I also liked Pluto Nash  :Embarrass:

Osmosis Jones was hillarious
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Korea

It seems we Languishites have bad taste in movies.  :blush:

Barrister

Quote from: Korea on September 30, 2009, 11:19:46 AM
It seems we Languishites have bad taste in movies.  :blush:

Well since we clearly have bad taste in websites it goes to figure...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on September 28, 2009, 09:41:21 PM
and it wasn't released in "blockbuster season" (June, July, and December).
I'd say that the start of blockbuster season coincides with the start of what the industry considers to be 'summer', which is the month of May.

And December has always seemed less blockbustery and more Oscarbaity to me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Quote from: Zoupa on September 30, 2009, 02:23:47 AM

Fags.

'cause some of us like Frank Miller comic books. it's a great adaptation of  that.

what's even more exceptional about 300 is that most comic book adaptations suck.
humans were created in their own image

alfred russel

Another terrible movie not on the list was "the mailman." Worse than waterworld, imo.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

ulmont

Quote from: alfred russel on September 30, 2009, 01:15:55 PM
Another terrible movie not on the list was "the mailman." Worse than waterworld, imo.

Postman, not mailman.

Eddie Teach

80 million production budget, 17 million domestic box office
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: ulmont on September 30, 2009, 03:17:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 30, 2009, 01:15:55 PM

Postman, not mailman.

Either way, it didn't deliver.

:blush:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014