News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Started by Fireblade, September 29, 2009, 08:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2009, 01:51:54 PM
As I understand it...

If you have two peeps on computers using Skype, it's free everywhere in the world. 

If you're trying to call a regular phone number using Skype, anywhere in the world, it's going to cost you money.

Though some say their international rates (using your computer to call an international number), are pretty good.
Ah, then that's good! :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

I've used Skype on official business.  It's free if both parties have it, but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. 

DontSayBanana

Mono's Skype-gripe seconded.  I use AIM to talk to a pretty small group of people and other than that, people just email me or text me.
Experience bij!

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 30, 2009, 02:02:34 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2009, 01:51:54 PM
As I understand it...

If you have two peeps on computers using Skype, it's free everywhere in the world. 

If you're trying to call a regular phone number using Skype, anywhere in the world, it's going to cost you money.

Though some say their international rates (using your computer to call an international number), are pretty good.
Ah, then that's good! :)

I've communicated with a friend stationed in Okinawa, and it's worked well enough.

Though, Yahoo has a similar service, and I believe Google Talk works the same way.  One can always try them out and use whichever works best for you.

Caliga

Ok, I get it.  The friend she would have liked to call has a PC but might not be able to use Skype due to technical limitations imposed by the fact that he is blind.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

I can't get the pronunciation right when I speak Braille.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.