And we're back!

Main Menu

Top 10 Blockbusters that sucked

Started by viper37, September 28, 2009, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 30, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
Am I the only one here who liked Waterworld? :blush:

No. I was prepared to hate it as I am not overly fond of Kevin Costner's acting and the reviews were shit.

But it is actually quite a good film. It is a tad overegged and the total flooding of the world scenario is scientifically implausible, but the overall story and "feel" of the film make it very watchable.

The Postman is shit, however. I agree with Alfred there.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Admiral Yi

Has anyone here seen Waterworld more than once?  I bet not.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2009, 04:02:41 PM

I saw it once and a half.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2009, 04:02:41 PM

You'd lose.

I recorded the original UK TV broadcast, and, including TV repeats, have now watched it four times, I think.

This is, I agree, not something to be overly proud of. I defend myself by saying that on at least one occasion it was as background while I got on with more important things on the internet.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."