News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Haitians names are simply 2 first names.

J'vote Bleu.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I'm sure theres some potential comedy /lunatic trunpist conspiracy value in linking up the dead people voting crap with Haitian voodoo
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 15, 2024, 06:26:19 PMThat the one he bussed people in to and then left them to make their own way back?  That's the "most Godly president ever"?

His team cannot even manage a bus charter and 50% of American voters want to put them in charge of the economy?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

In all the craziness that is Trumpism did anyone notice Vance now say he believes Trump did not lose the last election?

When asked why Vance explained that it was because of on line censorship.  That is a big shift in Trumpists thinking. The line now is he should have won and so he didn't actually lose.

Just let that one sink in and think about what happens next if Trump loses this election.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2024, 05:05:40 AMIn all the craziness that is Trumpism did anyone notice Vance now say he believes Trump did not lose the last election?

When asked why Vance explained that it was because of on line censorship.  That is a big shift in Trumpists thinking. The line now is he should have won and so he didn't actually lose.

Just let that one sink in and think about what happens next if Trump loses this election.

How is the different? I feel like I'm missing the nuance in the language.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 17, 2024, 08:07:48 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2024, 05:05:40 AMIn all the craziness that is Trumpism did anyone notice Vance now say he believes Trump did not lose the last election?

How is the different? I feel like I'm missing the nuance in the language.

In the past, the claim was that Trump had enough votes to win, but because of voter machine shenanigans, the vote totals were wrong.

Now the claim is that while he didn't get the votes he needed to win, if big tech censorship had not prevented people from learning the truth, he would've had enough votes.  And that is being characterized as not losing the election.

it is the most blatant attack on the American electoral system yet.  can't trust the election results because something something censorship.