News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Haitians names are simply 2 first names.

J'vote Bleu.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I'm sure theres some potential comedy /lunatic trunpist conspiracy value in linking up the dead people voting crap with Haitian voodoo
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 15, 2024, 06:26:19 PMThat the one he bussed people in to and then left them to make their own way back?  That's the "most Godly president ever"?

His team cannot even manage a bus charter and 50% of American voters want to put them in charge of the economy?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

In all the craziness that is Trumpism did anyone notice Vance now say he believes Trump did not lose the last election?

When asked why Vance explained that it was because of on line censorship.  That is a big shift in Trumpists thinking. The line now is he should have won and so he didn't actually lose.

Just let that one sink in and think about what happens next if Trump loses this election.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2024, 05:05:40 AMIn all the craziness that is Trumpism did anyone notice Vance now say he believes Trump did not lose the last election?

When asked why Vance explained that it was because of on line censorship.  That is a big shift in Trumpists thinking. The line now is he should have won and so he didn't actually lose.

Just let that one sink in and think about what happens next if Trump loses this election.

How is the different? I feel like I'm missing the nuance in the language.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 17, 2024, 08:07:48 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2024, 05:05:40 AMIn all the craziness that is Trumpism did anyone notice Vance now say he believes Trump did not lose the last election?

How is the different? I feel like I'm missing the nuance in the language.

In the past, the claim was that Trump had enough votes to win, but because of voter machine shenanigans, the vote totals were wrong.

Now the claim is that while he didn't get the votes he needed to win, if big tech censorship had not prevented people from learning the truth, he would've had enough votes.  And that is being characterized as not losing the election.

it is the most blatant attack on the American electoral system yet.  can't trust the election results because something something censorship.

Admiral Yi

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg78ljxn8g7o

Elon is giving away 1 million a day until the election to randomly chosen Pennsylvannia registered voters who "sign a pro-Constitution pledge."

I encourage every registered Democrat in PA to sign it.

Razgovory

Trump says China respects him because Xi knows he is 'crazy'

QuoteDonald Trump has said that if he returns to the White House China would not dare provoke him because President Xi Jinping knows the Republican is "crazy".

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal's editorial board, Trump said that if elected president next month, he would impose tariffs on China if it sought to blockade Taiwan.

"I would say: if you go into Taiwan, I'm sorry to do this, I'm going to tax you at 150% to 200%," he said.

On the campaign trail, the Republican candidate has argued that America's adversaries would not act against US interests under a new Trump presidency because they would fear a forceful, even unpredictable, response.

He told the Wall Street Journal's editorial board he would not have to use military force to prevent a blockade of Taiwan, because President Xi "respects me and he knows I'm [expletive] crazy".

"I had a very strong relationship with him," Trump said of President Xi. "He was actually a really good, I don't want to say friend - I don't want to act foolish, 'he was my friend' - but I got along with him great."

"He's a very fierce person," Trump added.

The former president also cast his relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin in a positive light, saying: "I got along with him great."

But Trump - who has previously been criticised for praising the Russian leader - said he had threatened him not to invade Ukraine.

He told the Journal that he said to Putin: "'I'm going to hit you right in the middle of fricking Moscow.' I said, 'We're friends. I don't want to do it, but I have no choice.' He goes, 'No way.' I said, 'Way.'

"I said, 'You're going to be hit so hard, and I'm going to take those [expletive] domes right off your head.' Because, you know, he lives under the domes."

With his vows to wage trade wars and end US involvement in the Russia-Ukraine war, Trump has branded his foreign policy America First, though detractors say it is isolationist.

The Republican's choice of JD Vance as his running mate alarmed Ukraine's allies, as the Ohio senator staunchly opposes sending any more US aid to the country.

Trump, whose hardline immigration stance is central to his campaign, told the Wall Street Journal: "I want a lot of people to come in, but I want them to come in legally."

Asked about his plan for mass deportations of illegal immigrants, he said: "I don't want to go too much into clarification, because the nicer I become, the more people that come over illegally."

Trump also defended the "zero tolerance" migrant family-separation policy that was used during his administration.

"I said, 'We're going to separate your family.' It doesn't sound nice, but when a family hears they're going to be separated, you know what they do? They stay where they are, because we couldn't handle it.

"But the interest from the heart, yeah, something's going to be done. I mean, there's some human questions that get in the way of being perfect, and we have to have the heart, too. OK?"

The Wall Street Journal also asked Trump about his remark on Fox News this week that the "radical left" in the US poses more of a threat than foreign actors.

"I think the bigger problem is the enemy from within," Trump said in an interview with the network, referring to "sick people, radical left lunatics" who he said could cause trouble around the election.

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, he cited President Joe Biden's remark this month that he is not certain if the election will be peaceful. Biden was referring to Trump supporters like those who rioted at the Capitol in 2021.

"If you were to reach the presidency again, would you of course rule out using the military to move against your enemies?" Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan asked Trump.

"Of course I wouldn't. But now, if you're talking about you're going to have riots on the street, you would certainly bring the National Guard in," Trump said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c39l89j10e1o

I'm sure China is quaking in their boots.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on October 16, 2024, 09:08:20 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 15, 2024, 06:26:19 PMThat the one he bussed people in to and then left them to make their own way back?  That's the "most Godly president ever"?

His team cannot even manage a bus charter and 50% of American voters want to put them in charge of the economy?
They want someone who will punish people they are mad at, not basic President stuff. 
PDH!

Josquius

Quote"I would say: if you go into Taiwan, I'm sorry to do this, I'm going to tax you at 150% to 200%," he said.

Xi: Deal.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

https://petition.theamericapac.org/

This is the petition signing site.  Turns out the lottery is open to people in any of the seven swing states.  You get $47 for each referral that signs the petition.  Exclusive offer for PENNSYLVANIA ONLY ONLY ONLY signing the petition gets you $100 and each referral gets you $100. 

"The First and Second Amendments guarantee freedom of speech and the right to bear arms. By signing below, I am pledging my support for the First and Second Amendments."

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2024, 05:49:58 PMhttps://petition.theamericapac.org/

This is the petition signing site.  Turns out the lottery is open to people in any of the seven swing states.  You get $47 for each referral that signs the petition.  Exclusive offer for PENNSYLVANIA ONLY ONLY ONLY signing the petition gets you $100 and each referral gets you $100. 

"The First and Second Amendments guarantee freedom of speech and the right to bear arms. By signing below, I am pledging my support for the First and Second Amendments."

There's no petition involved in Musk's "petition."  Elon doesn't understand the difference between a petition and a pledge and seems to refer to them interchangeably.

I thought that you had to know something about US civics before you could become a US citizen.  Maybe if you are rich enough to bribe the right people, that's not an issue.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on October 20, 2024, 06:45:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2024, 05:49:58 PMhttps://petition.theamericapac.org/

There's no petition involved in Musk's "petition."  Elon doesn't understand the difference between a petition and a pledge and seems to refer to them interchangeably.

I thought that you had to know something about US civics before you could become a US citizen.  Maybe if you are rich enough to bribe the right people, that's not an issue.
Shit, we have elected official stalking about chemtrails and hurricane generators.  The standards are below rock bottom.
PDH!