Canadian Synagogue Defaced with Swastikas and Anti-Semitic Slurs

Started by Jacob, November 17, 2016, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 12:52:12 PM
I suggest you go away and rethink some things. You shouldn't be angry with me, you should be angry with people like spicy. Genuine liberals like me are, or at least should be, your best allies in this shitty situation.

I suggest you go fuck your deeply insulted self, Heidi.

Jacob

Seems like they've arrested a suspect now :)

Hami - I hope to continue the conversation with you, but I have to go shopping for mittens for my son.

The Brain

I don't think a street gang should do what's best left to the almighty.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

Quote from: Jacob on November 19, 2016, 01:32:10 PM
Seems like they've arrested a suspect now :)

Hami - I hope to continue the conversation with you, but I have to go shopping for mittens for my son.

For some reason I found that hilarious, and cute  :hug: Congrats on the baby! I might be a wee tad behind the times, sorry.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2016, 11:24:57 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 11:23:27 AM
Quote from: Jacob on November 19, 2016, 11:17:28 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:24:16 AMReally, vigilante justice? Sounds pretty authoritarian and dismissive of human rights to me.

When dealing with Fascists/ white nationalists trying to physically intimidate and victimize their targets I'm fine with beating them at their own game, yes.

I couldn't disagree more.

I'd ideally have people avoid it, but sometimes turn the other cheek just leaves you dead.
I always thought that Jesus really should've been more clear with that one.  You turn the other cheek once, just to make sure that the person is really intent on hurting you before you engage in potentially unnecessary escalation.  You don't keep alternating the cheeks after the second time, now you slap back and maybe even pull hair.

Oexmelin

14: for the "Fourtheen Words" of the (Neo) Nazi Creed ("We Must Secure The Existence Of Our People And A Future For White Children.").
88 = HH = Heil Hitler.

It's become quite widespread in the altright / neonazis circle as a code word of pride.

Know your enemy.
Que le grand cric me croque !

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on November 19, 2016, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 04:26:00 AM
Have you met a leftist before?  :huh:

Back when gay bashing was a regular occurrence in my area I also supported people organizing to fight gay bashers.

Is that similarly abhorrent to you?

Well, I was being needlessly snarky. I apologise.

derspiess

I suggest you go away and rethink some things. You shouldn't be angry with me, you should be angry with people like spicy. Genuine liberals like me are, or at least should be, your best allies in this shitty situation.

Hey now-- what did I do?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2016, 05:08:22 PM

Hey now-- what did I do?

LOL I suppose Hami is throwing you under the bus. :D

dps

Genuine liberals like me are, or at least should be, your best allies in this shitty situation.

Saying that you have genuine liberals like Hamilcar for allies is just another way of saying you're about to be stabbed in the back.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:24:16 AM
Really, vigilante justice? Sounds pretty authoritarian and dismissive of human rights to me.

Better for violent people like Ed & Jacob to let out their aggression on the internet than in a physical form.   :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive