Canadian Synagogue Defaced with Swastikas and Anti-Semitic Slurs

Started by Jacob, November 17, 2016, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:25:20 AM
The vast majority of anti-semitic crime in Europe is committed by Muslims. Is that also the case in Canada?

The validity of this assertion depends a lot on the timeframe we are talking about  :ph34r:

Hamilcar

Quote from: Monoriu on November 19, 2016, 09:25:54 AM
The vast majority of anti-semitic crime in Europe is committed by Muslims. Is that also the case in Canada?

The validity of this assertion depends a lot on the timeframe we are talking about  :ph34r:

That's true of virtually any statement, Mr let's-pillage-all-of-Asia-the-Middle-East-and-Europe-for-the-ego-of-the-Emperor/Khan.

Zanza

I've been looking for statistics to show that assertion that for a while now, but I could not find any. Can you by chance point me to them?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on November 19, 2016, 09:44:13 AM
I've been looking for statistics to show that assertion that for a while now, but I could not find any. Can you by chance point me to them?

He heard it from a dude selling white boot laces.

viper37

Not usually.  They usually are the same groups attacking mosques, so I doubt they would be muslims.  Besides, if it were muslims, they would have tied this to Israel, somehow.  The use of the word kike suggest english speaking neo-nazi type.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Hamilcar

Quote from: viper37 on November 19, 2016, 10:31:35 AM
Not usually.  They usually are the same groups attacking mosques, so I doubt they would be muslims.  Besides, if it were muslims, they would have tied this to Israel, somehow.  The use of the word kike suggest english speaking neo-nazi type.
I don't know the Canadian situation very well, so I am happy to take your word for it.

CountDeMoney

Hamilcar

Jacob

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:24:16 AMReally, vigilante justice? Sounds pretty authoritarian and dismissive of human rights to me.

When dealing with Fascists/ white nationalists trying to physically intimidate and victimize their targets I'm fine with beating them at their own game, yes.

Jacob

No.

As it happens, incidents like this are bringing the Jewish and Muslim communities together.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Jacob on November 19, 2016, 11:17:28 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:24:16 AMReally, vigilante justice? Sounds pretty authoritarian and dismissive of human rights to me.

When dealing with Fascists/ white nationalists trying to physically intimidate and victimize their targets I'm fine with beating them at their own game, yes.

I couldn't disagree more.

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 11:23:27 AM

I'd ideally have people avoid it, but sometimes turn the other cheek just leaves you dead.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2016, 11:24:57 AM

I'd ideally have people avoid it, but sometimes turn the other cheek just leaves you dead.

Oh I'm not advocating the other cheek. Far from it: throw the book at them. But physical intimidation and vigilante justice place you outside the civilized order.

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 11:30:58 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2016, 11:24:57 AM

Oh I'm not advocating the other cheek. Far from it: throw the book at them. But physical intimidation and vigilante justice place you outside the civilized order.

Not sure throwing the book at them will happen in my country. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.