News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is this true? Black slave masters

Started by Siege, November 16, 2016, 07:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 04:36:55 AM
It may come as a surprise to you guys, but outside of the US, American slavery is not given a lot of time in history classes, outside of college/specialized courses. Most nations focus on their own history.

Oh sorry, you have my sympathies :)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Siege's facts concerned the entire African slave trade which involved many nations. Hey weren't slavs sold in Egypt in huge numbers by the Venetians?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Doesn't even fucking address the Hittites and salt mines.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 09:33:29 AM
Quote from: grumbler on November 19, 2016, 08:16:09 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 06:05:13 AM
It's related to the lynching of BB at the hands of your einsatzgruppe.

You really love to make Nazi references, don't you.  Mike Godwin wants his law enforced, so you lose that argument and should stay out of the thread henceforth.

I do? What was the previous one I made?

Sorry*, but you went Nazi and so have lost and are out of the argument and thread.  That's the law.

* Not
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 16, 2016, 08:09:41 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a black in a Jeep product.

I have seen lots of jews in german cars.
If arabs built cars, we would be riding in them too.
#shamelessjews

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2016, 12:13:09 PM
Siege's facts concerned the entire African slave trade which involved many nations. Hey weren't slavs sold in Egypt in huge numbers by the Venetians?

Shit. Good point. Thanks.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on November 20, 2016, 09:02:09 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 16, 2016, 08:09:41 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a black in a Jeep product.

I have seen lots of jews in german cars.
If arabs built cars, we would be riding in them too.
#shamelessjews

I'd rather drive a KrautArab car then get all my information from neo-Nazi news feeds.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on November 16, 2016, 12:15:48 PM
Yeah, well you and the rest of us are history nerds.  I would bet most people are unaware that some blacks themselves had slaves.

No, it's pretty well known. It just doesn't change the fact that the slavery economy was not a good thing.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 21, 2016, 10:45:44 AM
I'd rather drive a KrautArab car then get all my information from neo-Nazi news feeds.

I'd rather do it in reverse order.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!