Main Menu

Is this true? Black slave masters

Started by Siege, November 16, 2016, 07:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 05:20:50 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2016, 05:12:01 PM
Because it is.

Why are you trying to make it non-political?

Umm because my post on page 1 was apolitical.  As were my subsequent posts.  I made a casual observation and you guys seem to want to tie me to some alt right BS.

Of course. All your posts are apolitical. They are just 100% consistently on the side of the alt right BS by chance, and always defending bullshit like this just by pure coincidence.

There is no historical "quirk" here, there is just some politically racist bullshit you are apolitically cheering on and getting stiff about. Like you don't care for Trump, but support him completely, in a apolitical manner.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 05:20:50 PM
... because my post on page 1 was apolitical.  As were my subsequent posts.  I made a casual observation and you guys seem to want to tie me to some alt right BS.

You made a claim about the "general narrative" that is only held by the right (ad the most ignorant portions of the right, at that).  The fact that you think such a claim is "apolitical" says much about your lack of self-awareness.

I do want to thank you for demonstrating that your "general narrative," while not true in the US, may very well be true in Canada, of all places.  That was a surprise. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on November 17, 2016, 08:52:39 PM
I do want to thank you for demonstrating that your "general narrative," while not true in the US, may very well be true in Canada, of all places.  That was a surprise.

grumbler sees your general narrative, and raises you: Vice-Admiral Narrative.

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 17, 2016, 04:13:22 PM
Such stories are very much mainstream right - even if they share the same whiny outlook with the alt-right, and the same cooky belief about how the "liberal elite" has confiscated The Real American History (which they rarely bother to articulate beyond America, Fuck Yeah).
it's always funny when they tell you the media ignores a story and you point them, left or right, the newspaper articles discussing about it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2016, 08:51:13 PM
Of course. All your posts are apolitical. They are just 100% consistently on the side of the alt right BS by chance, and always defending bullshit like this just by pure coincidence.

There is no historical "quirk" here, there is just some politically racist bullshit you are apolitically cheering on and getting stiff about. Like you don't care for Trump, but support him completely, in a apolitical manner.

:huh:  What are the other data points that show how I so closely align with the alt right?  I'm still not sure what the alt right is.  Maybe Our Most Senior Poster is right and I lack self-awareness.  Because this backlash really took me by surprise.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 17, 2016, 01:36:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2016, 01:27:36 PM
Now obviously a single Canadian high school class in US history isn't going to go into the detail that a US class would (in particular a class in the south).
They don't talk about slavery in the South, only States rights.

It varies by State but perhaps ironically South Carolina has one of the best history curriculum out there and does a very good job covering the war they started in particular. Or at least they did last time I read an audit of the states in this are a few years ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 10:17:08 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2016, 08:51:13 PM

:huh:  What are the other data points that show how I so closely align with the alt right?  I'm still not sure what the alt right is.  Maybe Our Most Senior Poster is right and I lack self-awareness.  Because this backlash really took me by surprise.

Uh, you were the one who introduced us to Breitbart.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

It may come as a surprise to you guys, but outside of the US, American slavery is not given a lot of time in history classes, outside of college/specialized courses. Most nations focus on their own history. American slavery is mentioned usually in the context of the American Civil War and that's it.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2016, 02:59:47 PMSo maybe Marty is right about this latent liberal racism around black people not being slaveowners, but it is a uniquely Canadian thing?

Where did I say anything of this type?

Martinus

I gotta say I kinda enjoyed seeing the liberal einsatzgruppen commando descending on poor Beeb after he said something so innocuous.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 04:36:55 AM
It may come as a surprise to you guys, but outside of the US, American slavery is not given a lot of time in history classes, outside of college/specialized courses. Most nations focus on their own history. American slavery is mentioned usually in the context of the American Civil War and that's it.

Glad you could point out something only tangentially related.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2016, 04:59:46 AM

Glad you could point out something only tangentially related.

It's related to the lynching of BB at the hands of your einsatzgruppe.

grumbler

It may come as a surprise to you, but no one except you would expect or assume that American slavery would get a lot of time in history classes outside the US.  That's the way history classes in any country work; there is only so much time, and a practically infinite amount of history to cover, so choices have to be made as to what to include and what to exclude.  No one but you would think it plausible that Polish schools spend significant time on American slavery at the expense of something more meaningful and useful to the students.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 06:05:13 AM

You really love to make Nazi references, don't you.  Mike Godwin wants his law enforced, so you lose that argument and should stay out of the thread henceforth.

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on November 19, 2016, 08:16:09 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 06:05:13 AM

You really love to make Nazi references, don't you.  Mike Godwin wants his law enforced, so you lose that argument and should stay out of the thread henceforth.

I do? What was the previous one I made?