News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Err, I doubt the producers are doing much testing themselves.  It's not a matter of intentionally letting tainted food through.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Trump on declaring national emergencyIf this doesn't work out, I'll probably will do it, maybe definitely

:lol: Americans, this is your President.

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/jan/10/trump-us-mexico-border-wall-shutdown-live-updates

QuoteTrump also continued to express his openness to declaring a national emergency to use the military to construct a border wall without congressional approval.

"If this doesn't work out, I'll probably will do it, maybe definitely," he said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

garbon

The Larch

Maybe definitely? He plans to keep the country in a permanent state of emergency?

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on January 10, 2019, 10:42:43 AM
Maybe definitely? He plans to keep the country in a permanent state of emergency?

Possibly

HisMajestyBOB

We've been in one since Jan 2017, so why stop now?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2019, 04:08:34 AM
Very odd that Trump thought yesterday that Schumer and Pelosi would agree to fund the wall.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424639-trump-storms-out-of-meeting-as-shutdown-careens-toward-fourth-week

He didn't think that, the theater is his idea of master negotiation tactics.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

You're thinking of indefinitely. :nerd:

Caliga

I was watching John Adams last night.  It's pretty depressing watching that miniseries and then comparing those dudes to the pile of dog shit we have in the White House now.

TAKE US BACK, BRITAIN  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

The state of political discourse, January 2019:

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
3h3 hours ago

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I "slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum." Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on January 10, 2019, 11:10:07 AM
I was watching John Adams last night.  It's pretty depressing watching that miniseries and then comparing those dudes to the pile of dog shit we have in the White House now.

TAKE US BACK, BRITAIN  :blush:

British politicians c. 2019 aren't much of an upgrade, sad to say.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

https://www.newsweek.com/old-footage-emerges-donald-trumps-advice-students-go-over-it-go-around-it-get-1286151

QuoteHe then said: "I'll tell you, to me the second most important thing, after love what you do, is to never ever give up... If there's a concrete wall in front of you, go through it, go over it, go around it, but get to the other side of that wall.

:lol:

Original tweet by Daily Show, with video: https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1083169537263054849
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.