News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 25, 2017, 01:13:20 PM
Pence is awesome and I hope he becomes president.

Well you may get your wish soon enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: HVC on May 25, 2017, 12:09:09 PM
the weird zoom in means that's fake, right?
Of course. In the first scene you can't see Trump's shirt, in the zoomed in view it shows like an inch at least.

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2017, 12:57:08 PM
The most incompetent leader to push through Montenegro since Conrad von Hotzendorf.

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Donald's first wedding was officiated by Norman Vincent Peale.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on May 25, 2017, 12:50:57 PM
Trumps such a baby. he pushed the Prime Minister of Montenegro out of the way so he could be in the front of a photo. Puffed his chest out after for good measure.

Even Montenegro, little Montenegro down on the Adriatic Sea?

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on May 25, 2017, 10:19:40 AM
I sort of hoped that the media would try to take the high road when covering Trump, even after his "enemy of the people" nonsense.  But no, not even an attempt.  It's entertaining anyway.
Yes, compared to the seriousness and high standards of Fox News, it's a shame that such medias exists outside of conservatives circles too.  Nothing is sacred anymore :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2017, 02:01:00 PM
Donald's first wedding was officiated by Norman Vincent Peale.

Damn Trump is old.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2017, 10:12:43 AM
You are just not prepared for the hard hitting journalism of the 21st century Sav.

No, no I'm not.  It's a brave new world out there.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on May 25, 2017, 02:12:16 PM
I sort of hoped that the media would try to take the high road when covering Trump, even after his "enemy of the people" nonsense.  But no, not even an attempt.  It's entertaining anyway.
Yes, compared to the seriousness and high standards of Fox News, it's a shame that such medias exists outside of conservatives circles too.  Nothing is sacred anymore :(

derniggerhater prefers his news delivered directly from the Ministry of Propaganda and Public Enlightenment.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2017, 01:15:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 25, 2017, 01:13:20 PM
Pence is awesome and I hope he becomes president.

Well you may get your wish soon enough.

Doubtful;  he's in on it all as well. God save President Orrin Hatch, because Paul Ryan would say, "I'm just a budget wonk."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2017, 10:20:46 AM

Taking the high road gets few clicks.

Heh, yes, the entertainment value is the point for sites like CNN.  I think most of their readership views the site as a leisure activity rather than a source of information.  They run a bunch of fluff in the Barack years; his summer playlist or his workout playlist for example.  They have the same sort of fluff for Trump, but it's more focused in a negative direction; he gets two scoops of ice cream and everyone else only gets one.  It gets weird though in that they'll run multiple articles on this fluff, giving us different perspectives on the ice cream; and then they'll top it off with opinion pieces which draw conclusions about Trump, or his character or his ability to lead based on the ice cream.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Heh, while I do pick on CNN; Fox News is worse.  Their bias seems much more obvious to me (though that could be due to my own biases) and their journalism is much more yellow.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2017, 12:34:17 PM
That is an admirable position as you live in one of the biggest offenders.

Which is why I'm saying it indeed.

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on May 25, 2017, 04:01:34 PM

Heh, while I do pick on CNN; Fox News is worse.  Their bias seems much more obvious to me (though that could be due to my own biases) and their journalism is much more yellow.
yes, I was using sarcasm to respond to Derspiess. :)
Afaik, the WP and NYT haven't gone down the same road as CNN, overly reporting on trivial things like that.  I'll admit the first lady slapping the hand of her husband is newsworthy, but not as much as CNN puts it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on May 25, 2017, 12:50:57 PM
Trumps such a baby. he pushed the Prime Minister of Montenegro out of the way so he could be in the front of a photo. Puffed his chest out after for good measure.

Precisely the guy getting accepted at the club.  :lol: