News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Right is Tearing Itself Apart

Started by Tamas, April 28, 2016, 07:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2016, 11:55:30 AM
Yeah well Ank has basically called me everything from a traitor to a subhuman monster for daring to support a candidate with slightly different policies than his so we will see how long the left holds together :lol:

His descent into paranoia and hyperbole has been difficult to watch.

Ank was out in the sun too long, running around the Gulf and the Levant doing his T.E. Lawrence thing with the local tribesmen since 9/11.
Getting that commission in the Jordanian Army probably didn't help, swelled his head something fierce.

11B4V

People can get to wrapped up with the pundit's spin. I had folks unfriend me on FB after the Obama's win over Mittens. No great loss. It didn't help that I trolled them epically.

The Right "is" tearing, no the Right has torn itself apart. They just keep digging deeper with all the red state b.s. legislation against gays, tranny's and the like. They hide behind religion while doing it too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

This is retrenching of the wings within the parties.  Granted, the one in the GOP has been going on longer and is much more extreme, but it's happening to them both.  These things happen from time to time.

What is exacerbating it is the unintended consequences of Citizens United--we saw it 2012, with Gingrich lasting much longer than he should've, and Paul's people making things noisy at the convention, and now we're seeing candidates dragging things on even farther.  Bernie should've packed up ages ago, but he didn't.  Same with the GOP;  if it were anybody but Trump, this thing would've been called.

Everybody was afraid that Citizens United was going to allow the donor crowd to gift wrap the Presidency--what they really didn't see coming was how it would give a candidate like Bernie buoyancy far above his actual electoral credibility, and make party fractures look like grand canyons.

QuoteThey just keep digging deeper with all the red state b.s. legislation against gays, tranny's and the like. They hide behind religion while doing it too.

This is the Reagan Revolution finally consuming itself; today's GOP is the bastard child of the unholy marriage of Reaganauts and the megachurches in the mid- and late '80s.   

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 28, 2016, 08:21:50 PM
This is retrenching of the wings within the parties.  Granted, the one in the GOP has been going on longer and is much more extreme, but it's happening to them both.  These things happen from time to time.

What is exacerbating it is the unintended consequences of Citizens United--we saw it 2012, with Gingrich lasting much longer than he should've, and Paul's people making things noisy at the convention, and now we're seeing candidates dragging things on even farther.  Bernie should've packed up ages ago, but he didn't.  Same with the GOP;  if it were anybody but Trump, this thing would've been called.

Everybody was afraid that Citizens United was going to allow the donor crowd to gift wrap the Presidency--what they really didn't see coming was how it would give a candidate like Bernie buoyancy far above his actual electoral credibility, and make party fractures look like grand canyons.

Well CU was certainly responsible in part for the mess that was the GOP primary, I don't see how it can be held responsible for Sanders. He's raised the vast majority of his money from small donors. In fact with out CU, Hillary would have been absolutely crushed fund raising wise, to such an extent she might have lost.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

he can tout his small donors all he wants;  it just means he can turn to them again and again without having to hit the legal limit.  It's still a shell game, made easier by CU.

And a nurse's union PAC is still a Super PAC, even if it doesn't call itself one.

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on April 28, 2016, 07:54:43 PM
People can get to wrapped up with the pundit's spin. I had folks unfriend me on FB after the Obama's win over Mittens. No great loss. It didn't help that I trolled them epically.

The Right "is" tearing, no the Right has torn itself apart. They just keep digging deeper with all the red state b.s. legislation against gays, tranny's and the like. They hide behind religion while doing it too.

For some reason they are all up in arms against Target for having co-ed bathrooms. And I mean really up in arms. It's like it's the second most important topic on Breitbart after the primaries. :D

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2016, 12:29:41 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 28, 2016, 07:54:43 PM

For some reason they are all up in arms against Target for having co-ed bathrooms. And I mean really up in arms. It's like it's the second most important topic on Breitbart after the primaries. :D

No kidding. Not that there aren't more important issues at hand. :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Looking from the outside, Toiletgate shows both sides in a very pathetic light

Martinus

Maher's take on the Toiletgate was the best, imho:

"If you look like a woman, use the women's bathroom. If you look like a man use the men's bathroom. If you look like a bearded dude in a dress, hold it until you get home."

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2016, 01:53:24 AM
Maher's take on the Toiletgate was the best, imho:

"If you look like a woman, use the women's bathroom. If you look like a man use the men's bathroom. If you look like a bearded dude in a dress, hold it until you get home."

What's good about that? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

It's simple, easy and antagonises the fewest people.

garbon

Easy and simple would be for people to just get along with their business / stop creating fake problems to diver attention.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Well I guess the point is that it's really not a big deal.

And I don't like when the progressive side is so willing to climb down to the retards level and start mud-wrestling on non-issues like this.

I am quite sure in those states with this new restriction, there are plenty other discrimination happening to gay and transgender people, not to mention the ridicoulous airtime it seem to be getting nationally in the US. Is it really so awesome over there that there are no other issues left to discuss, make a stand, and protest about?

It is such a standard Politics 101 BS to create a storm in a teapot over some non-issue in order to switch focus from something you really want focus away, be it bad governance or corruption or whatever else. It always puzzles me why the opposition is so happy to indulge and join in.

garbon

I agree it is quite the non-issue...except for if you actually happen to be transgender and your appearance doesn't match your appearance. I can't imaging being hassled/shamed when just trying to pee.

I see nothing wrong in taking umbrage with taxpayer money be wasted to pass laws to discriminate against a tiny subset of the population.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2016, 04:48:16 AM
I agree it is quite the non-issue...except for if you actually happen to be transgender and your appearance doesn't match your appearance. I can't imaging being hassled/shamed when just trying to pee.

I see nothing wrong in taking umbrage with taxpayer money be wasted to pass laws to discriminate against a tiny subset of the population.

It must be confusing to have your appearance not match your appearance.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017