And we're back!

Main Menu

The Right is Tearing Itself Apart

Started by Tamas, April 28, 2016, 07:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2016, 10:08:45 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 28, 2016, 09:56:25 AM
Not at all.  Technically our land in Argentina is in my wife's name.  And AK parts are flipping expensive these days.  AR parts the thing to buy.

See? Calling Spicey paranoid is totally unjustified.

Pfft.  He doesn't even seem to have a bunker.   :rolleyes:  He's prepared for nothing. 

Tamas

Sometimes I think it's just that we are an agressive uppity monkey species who are instinctivily start stearing up shit when things are calm.

Valmy

So eventually one of these fully insane parties is going to seize power in some major first world nation right? I wonder who gets the boobie prize. The Republicans seem closest since they control both the House and Senate but if their fringe completely takes over can they keep that up? We'll see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2016, 10:17:39 AM
Sometimes I think it's just that we are an agressive uppity monkey species who are instinctivily start stearing up shit when things are calm.

Prosperity seems to drive us insane. See: the western world in the early 1910s and 1960s. Weird.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Tell me more about this boobie prize.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

A self-hating Hungarian. What a shocker.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2016, 10:20:14 AM

Prosperity seems to drive us insane. See: the western world in the early 1910s and 1960s. Weird.

Not at all.  It is just that satisfaction of basic needs allows people to spend effort countering less existential problems.  People never run out of problems, they only run out of attention span.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 28, 2016, 10:26:21 AM

It comes from Spanish, bobo. The stupid prize.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2016, 10:50:16 AM

Not at all.  It is just that satisfaction of basic needs allows people to spend effort countering less existential problems.  People never run out of problems, they only run out of attention span.

:yes:

It is also something that is lovingly modeled in Vic2. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 28, 2016, 11:27:26 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2016, 10:50:16 AM

:yes:

It is also something that is lovingly modeled in Vic2. :)

:hmm:

Good point. I KNEW I should have played more Vic2.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2016, 10:52:03 AM

That's disappointing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2016, 10:52:03 AM

Seriously?  I thought it came from the bird.

lustindarkness

Interesting stuff, good article, and yes the right is tearing itself apart in this election cycle.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Yeah well Ank has basically called me everything from a traitor to a subhuman monster for daring to support a candidate with slightly different policies than his so we will see how long the left holds together :lol:

His descent into paranoia and hyperbole has been difficult to watch.