And we're back!

Main Menu

The Right is Tearing Itself Apart

Started by Tamas, April 28, 2016, 07:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 30, 2016, 05:08:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2016, 04:17:27 AM
By the by, Marti, this is a story of something where I think well I guess good for them but really, not a very important sort of 'discrimination'.

No, this is actually a story of an attention whoring mentally ill bitch.

Not every situation when someone refuses to cave in to your delusion is discrimination. Gays being thrown off the roof in the Middle East is discrimination.

Okay so what was the point of deleting your original post if you were just going to post it again with a different order? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2016, 05:11:25 AM
Okay so what was the point of deleting your original post if you were just going to post it again with a different order? :huh:

And here I was about to come to Tamas' defense that his bleeding eyes smilie didn't indicate the inability to parse words.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 30, 2016, 05:27:02 AM

And here I was about to come to Tamas' defense that his bleeding eyes smilie didn't indicate the inability to parse words.  :sleep:

Yeah perhaps that was his point. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

By the by, Marti, this is a story of something where I think well I guess good for them but really, not a very important sort of 'discrimination'.

Not every situation when someone refuses to cave in to your delusion is discrimination. Gays being thrown off the roof in the Middle East is discrimination.

The first post was different because I at first misread your comment as you posting the story as an example of the kind of discrimination trannies are facing. Then I realised my error and deleted it and posted a slightly different post attacking the story more than you.

Edit: I only now noticed your post after Tamas's bleeding eyes. In your original post you say it's "good for them" which made me think you consider the story perhaps not as important, but nonetheless a good development - not that you consider it ridiculous.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 30, 2016, 06:29:33 AM

The first post was different because I at first misread your comment as you posting the story as an example of the kind of discrimination trannies are facing. Then I realised my error and deleted it and posted a slightly different post attacking the story more than you.

Edit: I only now noticed your post after Tamas's bleeding eyes. In your original post you say it's "good for them" which made me think you consider the story perhaps not as important, but nonetheless a good development - not that you consider it ridiculous.

Understood. It was my attempt at an olive branch. I even highlighted the most ridiculous bits. -_-

As far as good for them, well this sort of thing, as long as they don't spiral out into considering people demonic for not supporting them, isn't much skin off my back. Though I really wish they were pushing instead to just remove the boxes. Little benefit for myself for my bank knowing my gender.

Martinus

If your bank does not know your gender how else they are going to know whether to issue you a pink Hillary woman's credit card?  :P

Zanza

I wonder whether these special pronouns or titles for those gender variants other than male and female exist in the German language. I've only ever seen them online for English. Maybe we are just a few years behind or I am just not reading the right texts.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on April 30, 2016, 06:57:48 AM
I wonder whether these special pronouns or titles for those gender variants other than male and female exist in the German language. I've only ever seen them online for English. Maybe we are just a few years behind or I am just not reading the right texts.

Here you go! :D

http://genderfork.com/2014/question-german-gender-neutral-language/

http://nonbinary.org/wiki/Pronouns#German_neutral_pronouns

garbon

Zanza

I see. Never heard any of these before. But then I have never knowingly met a genderqueer or nonbinary person.

I do occasionally use both the female and male forms (i.e. "dear colleagues" would be "Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen") words as that is now accepted common courtesy, even when German grammar would not necessitate that as the male form is always both male and mixed groups.