And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on May 13, 2009, 09:48:28 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 09:26:44 AM
Just keep an eye on Davout - your interception left a path east for him. Which was still the right move, IMO, but just be aware of it.

My plan is to have nappy miss the remaining assaults on grodno.

:lmfao:

I've heard of worse plans.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 09:49:59 AM
Just keep an eye on Davout - your interception left a path east for him. Which was still the right move, IMO, but just be aware of it.

Maybe I should tell you about my 13 assaults on Gibraltar in WiF.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

You don't have to say anything after stating that you assaulted Gibraltar.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 09:55:00 AM
You don't have to say anything after stating that you assaulted Gibraltar.

The defenders were face down out of supply with full shore bombardment from the Regia Marina and full air support from the Luftwaffe I had a 3.8/1 +3 assault. Had either the fractional odds shift to 4/1 worked or the combat dice roll at 3/1 been 3 or more on the 1d10 combat die worked I'd have taken it on the first attack. 96% chance of success :( 

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

Quote from: Viking on May 13, 2009, 09:53:52 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 09:49:59 AM

Maybe I should tell you about my 13 assaults on Gibraltar in WiF.

I remember that in HoI1 the AI loved to stack dozens and dozens of units there. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Britain: Britain: Play Strategy card as Operations#10: 4 / Palace Intrigue

Message from Britain:
3/4: Wellington and friends to Antwerp
4/4: Weelington and friends to Brussels

Viking is up if he wants to play that reserve. I gave the French something else to do besides ravage Russia. Your welcome.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

The convoy limit is 5--you have to leave either 1 CU behind or the secondary leader.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

That actually works out ok - lets leave Moore behind.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

That puts Viking up for potentially popping his resource.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Pop a resource

Play Exiles for a leader and CU and another card

Play a 4 CP card for 3 CU in Moscow and moving Kutuzov to Milan.

Habbaku

You can't play two cards in a row like that.  Your resource card-draw counts as your + play and whatever you wish to do after that is the "regular" play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 13, 2009, 04:45:14 PM
You can't play two cards in a row like that.  Your resource card-draw counts as your + play and whatever you wish to do after that is the "regular" play.

Undoing as we speak...

Viking

My cunning plan for defending Grodno seems to be working fine.  :hug: :berkut:

Habbaku

I played a 6 CP card (Russia Mobilizes) for...CPs.

Davout and 6 CUs moved to take Milan and Venice, Kutusov failing his interception this time around.

Elsewhere, Soult moves north with 6 CUs, into Picardy, where Wellington's forces succeeded in interception.

To Berkut to decide if he wants to intercept or not.  I have 2 CPs left.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned