News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Bleeding eyes... Does that mean it's my turn?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

It is now, unless berkut pre-empts
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Actually, I was just joking.  It's grumbler's turn, not mine.  Both Turkey and Prussia have cards left.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Prussia/Turkey is up for their last cards.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Will do this when I get home tonight.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Prussia raises the Landwehr in Koenigsburg, Turks play scarce supply.

France loses 3 units in Paris and 4 in Genoa; Russia loses 10 in Milan (but needs them at home anyway).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Spain/Sweden/Denmark are cardless.

Britain has a preempt opportunity.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

France plays a 2 CP card.

1 CP used to send Napoleon into a rather unsuccessful siege against Grodno.

The second CP sent Lannes and 4 CUs to Zurich where Kutusov and his remaining army passed their interception.  Off to Viking to decide whether he wants to take the fight or not.  The battle would currently be 8 vs. 13 in Russia's favor.

Sending a file out to show the situation, just in case.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Man, I sure hope he would. You don't get those odds against the French very often.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 12, 2009, 09:14:57 PM
France plays a 2 CP card.

1 CP used to send Napoleon into a rather unsuccessful siege against Grodno.

The second CP sent Lannes and 4 CUs to Zurich where Kutusov and his remaining army passed their interception.  Off to Viking to decide whether he wants to take the fight or not.  The battle would currently be 8 vs. 13 in Russia's favor.

Sending a file out to show the situation, just in case.

I  Might as well fight. I'll roll the dice.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

QuoteRussia: Message

Battle of Zurich
France loses 4 CU Russia loses nothing!.

When my turn comes around again I'll be seriously considering chucking a resource for a card.

And I'd like to point out that I'm closer to paris than napoleon is to moscow, plus nappy needs to take st petersburg as well. This would be the second time Lannes loses his entire army to Russians, it seems to have become a bit of a habit.

Plus I'd keep the minimum amount of leaders with Kutuzov in the alps. I'd leave a CU in the alps rather than a leader so swap konstantin with a CU.

Berkut

Just keep an eye on Davout - your interception left a path east for him. Which was still the right move, IMO, but just be aware of it.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 09:26:44 AM
Just keep an eye on Davout - your interception left a path east for him. Which was still the right move, IMO, but just be aware of it.

My plan is to have nappy miss the remaining assaults on grodno.