News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 24, 2009, 02:40:51 PM
N.B. swapping camps would have been a game winning move for me had Habbaku almost surely refused.

:unsure:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 24, 2009, 02:59:55 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 24, 2009, 02:40:51 PM
N.B. swapping camps would have been a game winning move for me had Habbaku almost surely refused.

:unsure:

I think it might be some form of code.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, played Admiralty to draw 2, which has the added bonus of ending the French preemption.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

That puts Austria up, assuming their move won't be affected by the Prussian deployment.  I suspect that the Russian's will, though.

Del, you need to remember that the last card you drew is your new "reserve" and is treated as such for this turn--IE, it doesn't count for pre-emption purposes and you may pass so long as it's the only card.  Please announce when you play it that it is your reserve.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Wow, a lot happened while I was at work!  :lol:

Prussia reinforces with Yorck and 4CU at Berlin.  Deployment has Yorck and 4CU move to Leipzig

Ottoman reinforcements Yusif and 3 CU from refit to Constantinople.  No deployment.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2009, 05:03:53 PM
Prussia reinforces with Yorck and 4CU at Berlin.

You don't have quite enough reinforcement CPs to do that.  You can build Yorck and 2 CUs with the points you have.  Your deployment is fine (and I assume stays the same).

Secondly, you need to draw more cards.  Prussia gets 4 and Turkey gets 3, so you need to draw one more for both unless you're feeling generous.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 24, 2009, 11:37:01 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2009, 05:03:53 PM
Prussia reinforces with Yorck and 4CU at Berlin.

You don't have quite enough reinforcement CPs to do that.  You can build Yorck and 2 CUs with the points you have.  Your deployment is fine (and I assume stays the same).
2CU is correct.  I will make the same deployment, but pick up a CU from Breslau, leaving me with
Breslau:  3 CU
Leipzig: Yorck and 5 CU
Berlin: 3 CU
QuoteSecondly, you need to draw more cards.  Prussia gets 4 and Turkey gets 3, so you need to draw one more for both unless you're feeling generous.
Correct about Turkey - I missed Nicea, and the count on the board is wrong.
For Prussia, my count is 8  keys for four cards, less the one I threw in to end the game in glorious Prussian victory.  Am I missing something?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on April 25, 2009, 12:31:00 AM
For Prussia, my count is 8  keys for four cards, less the one I threw in to end the game in glorious Prussian victory.  Am I missing something?

Nope, but I did.  3 draws is correct.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Meanwhile, Austria's up to implement this business and to take their own impulse.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Implement what business? Haven't seen a file yet, are you saying that I should make a file with all your stuff?  :cry:

I play a five cp card to move Spain to aide and flip to +1.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 25, 2009, 12:42:14 AM
Implement what business? Haven't seen a file yet, are you saying that I should make a file with all your stuff?  :cry:

Indeed he is.

0 rows returned

Delirium

It's 8 am, Saturday. It's not going to happen, I'll break things.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Viking

I've been doing and redoing the game file, to make sure it is correct...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

QuoteRussia: Russia: Play Strategy card as Operations

#85: 4 / Council of Dresden

Message from Russia:
1/4 Konstantin to Zurich
3/4 Barclay and 4 CU move through Franconia to Wurtemburg
4/4 Flag Venice

No interception possible.

I've done everybody's interphase as well, I suggest everybody check my moves.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.