And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

The truly superior mind is always illegal.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on August 17, 2011, 04:33:15 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/fired-first-lawyer-sues-york-firm-77-million-212639501.html

:lol:

Yeah, good luck with that.

Of course I've met many lawyers who probably thought they had "superior legal minds"... <_<

Hilarious.

Did his "superior legal mind" articulate why he deserved $25 million in compensatory damages for a standard wrongful dismissal claim after less than a year's employment?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Here's the dude's web page:

http://www.gregoryberrylaw.com/about/index.html

QuoteBefore his career in the law, Mr. Berry worked for several years as a software engineer in Silicon Valley. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law and began his legal career at the "big-law" firm of Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. He quickly discovered that the emphasis in "big-law" firms on generating billable hours rather than on applying creativity and intelligence to devising unorthodox and cutting-edge legal strategies left Mr. Berry wasting his talents. Mr. Berry became a lawyer to fight for justice and to use his powers for good. He started this law firm to lend his abilities to clients who need the highest legal talent possible.

:lmfao:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 10:32:39 AM

QuoteBefore his career in the law, Mr. Berry worked for several years as a software engineer in Silicon Valley. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law and began his legal career at the "big-law" firm of Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. He quickly discovered that the emphasis in "big-law" firms on generating billable hours rather than on applying creativity and intelligence to devising unorthodox and cutting-edge legal strategies left Mr. Berry wasting his talents. Mr. Berry became a lawyer to fight for justice and to use his powers for good. He started this law firm to lend his abilities to clients who need the highest legal talent possible.

Inventor of the business casual superhero cape?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

ego tripper with a distorted vision of his worth? He picked the right career :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quotedevising unorthodox and cutting-edge legal strategies

QuoteMr. Berry became a lawyer to fight for justice and to use his powers for good

I guess that now he wears a brightly coloured spandex suit and fights crime in the streets of NY.  :ph34r:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on August 18, 2011, 10:40:44 AM
Is he:  ulmont?

Did he get his undergraduate degree from Georgia Tech? :shifty:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 10:32:39 AM

He and I need some Freaky Friday shit to happen where half of his confidence is transferred to me, and then we both operate like normal humans.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Truly he is the Temple Lea Houston of our time.  :sleep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Between his lawsuit and his website, he strikes me as a vexatious litigant just waiting to happen.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Charge him with champterous connivance.

DGuller

Why do you talk with such expensive wordage?

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on August 18, 2011, 10:40:44 AM
Is he:  ulmont?

I may be a douchebag, but I'm not that douchebag.