News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2011, 08:28:04 PM
No you don't. You probably can afford 2 mortgages in this economy plus you could rent the condo.

He should mortgage his utilities then buy a house each for Park Place and Boardwalk.

HisMajestyBOB

Texan Police regularly giving high fines and tickets to schoolkids as young as six.

QuoteIn a little over two decades, a paradigm shift has occurred in the Lone Star
State. The misdeeds of children—acts that in the near recent past resulted in
trips to the principal's office, corporal punishment, or extra laps under the
supervision of a middle school or high school coach, now result in criminal
prosecution, criminal records, and untold millions of dollars in punitive fines
and hefty court costs being imposed against children ages 10 through 16.

Schools in Texas have historically been safe places for teachers to teach and students to
learn—even in high crime neighborhoods, yet student discipline is increasingly moving
from the schoolhouse to the courthouse. Disrupting class, using profanity, misbehaving
on a school bus, student fights, and truancy once meant a trip to the principal's office.
Today, such misbehavior results in a Class C misdemeanor ticket and a trip to court for
thousands of Texas students and their families each year.
http://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ticketing_booklet_web.pdf

QuoteA suburban Dallas teen-ager had to take on a waitressing job to pay $637 after being ticketed for using bad language in a high school classroom.

Court records show that teacher Michelle Lene heard Victoria Mullins say "you trying to start (expletive)" loudly in class one day last October. She was sent to the principal's office and given lunch detention. The next day, the school resource officer presented the North Mesquite High School student a ticket.

The Dallas Morning News reported that the fine for disorderly conduct/abusive language was $340, but other charges included failure to show for a hearing.

The complaint said Lene was offended, and that Mullins' language was a breach of the peace.

Mullins acknowledges she was wrong. She said a classmate was getting on her nerves.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/weird/Teen-Fined-637-for-Foul-Language-in-Classroom-114879844.html

Texas continuing it's proud tradition of making the rest of the country look good.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Well, parents don't want teachers to discipline their children, so it's up to the courts now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2011, 06:41:33 PM
You're the one who chose to settle in a country where black people are driven inevitably to criminality.

Maryland isn't a country. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Hey, I got a letter from the government that wasn't completely dismissive!  YES.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I'm thinking about upgrading my CCW weapon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 14, 2011, 08:29:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2011, 08:28:04 PM
No you don't. You probably can afford 2 mortgages in this economy plus you could rent the condo.

He should mortgage his utilities then buy a house each for Park Place and Boardwalk.

:contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I'm not sure that's such a good strategy. And IIRC, mortgaging a utility awarded less than the cost of a house on the fourth row anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

A 40 year old conservative German politician ended his election campaign for state governor today because he had a relationship with a 16 year old.

Comment on the radio: "Berlusconi would have used that as part of his election campaign."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

QuoteCalifornia woman to serve 12-year sentence for rape of Bel Air boy, 13

A California woman was sentenced to serve 12 years in prison for the rape of a 13-year-oldBel Air boy she met while playing a game on X-Box Live.

Rachel Ann Hicks, 37, of the 21000 block of Osterman Road in Lake Forest, Calif., was indicted in March on two counts of second-degree rape and one count each of second-degree sex offense and second-degree assault.

Hicks pleaded guilty June 2 to a single count of second-degree rape.

Harford County Circuit Court Judge William O Carr sentenced Hicks Wednesday to the maximum of 20 years before suspending eight years of that sentence. She will serve 12 years in the Maryland  Division of Corrections and serve five years of supervised probation upon release. As conditions of her probation, she is ordered to have no contact with the boy or his family and to have no unsupervised contact with anyone younger than 18, according to a release from the Harford County State's Attorney's Office.

She is also ordered to undergo sexual offender treatment and register as a sex offender for the rest of her life.

"We have an obligation to protect our boys from on-line solicitation and on-line predators in the same way we protect our girls," Prosecutor Diane Adkins Tobin said at sentencing, according to the release.

The boy's father said during a victim impact statement that his son was manipulated into trusting Hicks and she took advantage of him, physically and mentally abused him, and devastated the family by sneaking into their home while the family slept and sexually abusing their child, according to the release.

Hicks and the boy met while playing X-Box Live in September 2010.

The two of them discussed his age and activities in the seventh grade, then the relationship progressed to telephone conversations and text messages. During these conversations, she told the boy she was 23 years old.

For the Thanksgiving holiday, Hicks drove from California to Florida to visit relatives and on her way back, stopped at the boy's home in Maryland during the early hours of Nov. 27, 2010 to visit him.

That night, while the family was asleep, the boy let her into the home and the two went to his room, played video games and engaged in sexual acts, including intercourse.

The boy's father found the text messages on the boy's phone and took the case to the Harford County Child Advocacy Center. Hicks later admitted to the boy's father over the phone that she met the boy through the game and engaged in sexual relations with the boy.

And before you saw ZOMG SO HAWT

Josephus

Feel sorry for the kid. And you always remember your first one. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

QuoteGorbachev admits he received tip-off from the U.S. on Kremlin coup - but he didn't believe it until it was too late

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026340/Gorbachev-admits-received-tip-U-S-Kremlin-coup--didnt-believe-late.html#ixzz1V92hJ9ZJ

LOLski.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2011, 06:53:25 PM
QuoteGorbachev admits he received tip-off from the U.S. on Kremlin coup - but he didn't believe it until it was too late

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026340/Gorbachev-admits-received-tip-U-S-Kremlin-coup--didnt-believe-late.html#ixzz1V92hJ9ZJ

LOLski.

CIA was better then we thought.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

LOLski.

CIA was better then we thought.

Poppa Bush still had his Ovaltine Decoder Ring.