News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Pitbulls are illegal here. But before 2005 that was the case here. You on a neighborhood full of pitbulls? Stay away after dark. Now it's Rottweilers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on June 26, 2024, 01:23:45 PMPitbulls are illegal here. But before 2005 that was the case here. You on a neighborhood full of pitbulls? Stay away after dark. Now it's Rottweilers.
There's been a recent ban in England on XL American bullies after a lot of injuries and even people being killed with them. I think some pitbulls are banned too (but not all).
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

They're only bNned in ontario and I think Manitoba. Maybe more provinces, but not a canada wide ban.

Those in the know, and with more money, get a Cane Corso instead of a Rottweiler
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2024, 01:19:36 PMI did not realize having big dogs in the neighborhood meant the place had gone to hell. Good to know.

The statements seem to match with my rough London neighborhood.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on June 26, 2024, 01:30:45 PMThey're only bNned in ontario and I think Manitoba. Maybe more provinces, but not a canada wide ban.

Those in the know, and with more money, get a Cane Corso instead of a Rottweiler

... or a Tibetan Mastiff.

HVC

Funnily mastiff breeds aren't popular here (except the corso, because they look scarier lol) for that sort of showing off. They're big, and they'll mess you up easily, but there pretty chill and aloof for the most part. They'll act if and when they need to. That being said I haven't seen Tibetan Mastifs in person, so they may buck that mastiff stereotype.

*edit* actually,  the Rottweiler is a mastif too... so ignore everything I've said haha . I'm think bullmastif, bull there are plenty of other mastiff breeds.

Barrister

I gotta say, walking my dog (a beagle) last night in my middle-class neighbourhood last night I saw lots of small and middle sized dogs, and not a single dog that could remotely be compared to a pit bull.

I think it's one of those stereotypes that holds a tiny bit of truth to it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

It definitely does. There's loads of staffies around here.
Stats show they absolutely dominate dog shelters. Which is sad as there's no way anyone with a brain will trust a random staffie with a shady history, as nice as they can be if raised properly.

The shoes equals gangs one gets me. That sounds like one of those things like "thief markings" in front of your house. Urban legend.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on June 26, 2024, 02:58:21 PMIt definitely does. There's loads of staffies around here.
Stats show they absolutely dominate dog shelters. Which is sad as there's no way anyone with a brain will trust a random staffie with a shady history, as nice as they can be if raised properly.

The shoes equals gangs one gets me. That sounds like one of those things like "thief markings" in front of your house. Urban legend.

In San Francisco every Halloween, someone would hang up ruby red slippers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Looks like the Bolivian president staged a fake coup for a popularity boost. Hopefully Trump doesn't get any ideas :ph34r:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2024, 01:19:36 PMI did not realize having big dogs in the neighborhood meant the place had gone to hell. Good to know.

It's a banlieue trope here as well.

Savonarola

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2024, 08:29:21 PMLooks like the Bolivian president staged a fake coup for a popularity boost. Hopefully Trump doesn't get any ideas :ph34r:

There is a word for that in Spanish: autogolpe. That alone speaks volumes about Latin America.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock