News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Would help sort out the delusional and paranoid.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2011, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 13, 2011, 02:05:11 PM
I did a personality assessment test for a job application, and I swear they were trying to weed out supervillains:

True/False:

People can often sense my power.
I have powerful enemies.
I know who my enemies are.
No one gets to take advantage of me more than once.
Sometimes I feel a kind of power around me.
People with my special talents don't need many friends.
Because of my unique abilities, I don't have many close friends.
If I was running the country, I would get things back on track.
Why would they *not* want to employ a supervillain?  :hmm:
Their insurance doesn't cover the Incredible Hulk?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 13, 2011, 02:05:11 PM
I did a personality assessment test for a job application, and I swear they were trying to weed out supervillains:

True/False:

People can often sense my power.
I have powerful enemies.
I know who my enemies are.
No one gets to take advantage of me more than once.
Sometimes I feel a kind of power around me.
People with my special talents don't need many friends.
Because of my unique abilities, I don't have many close friends.
If I was running the country, I would get things back on track.

Doesn't seem odd to me.  Looks a lot like typical questions in the tests and surveys I take.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

I like to ask candidates in interviews questions like "What do other drivers do on the road that pisses you off the most?". Usually people give me a strange look and it totally throws them off their game. Plus what they answer tells me things about their personality.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2011, 02:30:39 PM

Doesn't seem odd to me.  Looks a lot like typical questions in the tests and surveys I take.

:lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jamesww

Oh, it's Friday the 13th.  :)

I was born on a Friday the 13th, so consider them as mini-birthdays.  :cool:

Razgovory

Quote from: jamesww on May 13, 2011, 03:22:40 PM

I was born on August the 6th.  I consider them mini-birthdays.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jamesww

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2011, 03:52:38 PM

But there are on average nearly two Friday the 13ths each year, so I'd willing do swap and only have them.  :)

garbon

Quote from: jamesww on May 13, 2011, 03:55:14 PM

But there are on average nearly two Friday the 13ths each year, so I'd willing do swap and only have them.  :)

I was born on Sunday the 3rd. I consider them mini-birthdays.

But there are on average nearly two Sunday the 3rds each year*, so I'd willing do swap and only have them. :)

*I've actually no idea but there are two this year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

My boss said today that he likes watching people puke. :huh:

jamesww

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2011, 03:58:20 PM
Quote from: jamesww on May 13, 2011, 03:55:14 PM

I was born on Sunday the 3rd. I consider them mini-birthdays.

But there are on average nearly two Sunday the 3rds each year*, so I'd willing do swap and only have them. :)

You missing the key point, that most the world regards Friday the 13th as being unlucky, whereas I know it's a very auspicious day as it ushered in both myself and Meri into this world.    :cool:

:unsure:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2011, 03:58:20 PM

There are 12(months)/7(days of week) on average a year. And you call yourself a statistician.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: jamesww on May 13, 2011, 04:01:15 PM
You missing the key point, that most the world regards Friday the 13th as being unlucky, whereas I know it's a very auspicious day as it ushered in both myself and Meri into this world.    :cool:

:unsure:

Obviously your point was to attention whore. That's always your point. :rolleyes:

garbon

MadBurgerMaker

Okay wow my mom is a heartless cruel monster.  Yesterday she found that some birds had made a nest in a wreath she keeps on her front door.  There was a thunderstorm that was knocking it around, so she brought it inside and saw the little baby birds after they fell out on the floor in her entry way.  What does she do?  Put them back in the nest?  Call that wildlife rescue group that will come and get them? 

Oh hell no. 

She put them back outside on her front porch.  They were still there 20 minutes ago when I went over there to help her move some stepping stones around.  Three pathetic little pink dead bodies all sprawled out like they were trying to crawl somewhere.   :blink: