News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on July 01, 2017, 11:12:47 AM
I went to Menard's this morning to pick up supplies for a couple home improvement projects and noticed they had tampons for sale near the checkout line. WTF

If you're gonna get that long cherished job speech-writing for Trump, you'll need to make these comments punchier, 140 characters or less and with a little more vitriol.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on July 01, 2017, 12:13:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 01, 2017, 11:12:47 AM
I went to Menard's this morning to pick up supplies for a couple home improvement projects and noticed they had tampons for sale near the checkout line. WTF

If you're gonna get that long cherished job speech-writing for Trump, you'll need to make these comments punchier, 140 characters or less and with a little more vitriol.

And end it with "So Sad!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on July 01, 2017, 11:30:22 AM
Those things should only be sold by mail order and delivered in brown paper bags.

Actually, it's a very smart and pro-male product placement.

Because despite the lifelong hatred for useless coozes, cunts and whores, they ones he lives with will still ask him to get some while he's out.  Placing them at the register will remind him to bring some home to the coozes, cunts and whores, because he will have forgotten by then--and really, the last thing he wants to hear is the coozes, cunts and whores at home giving him shit.

Admiral Yi

I'm starting to get the idea that people her don't like you Speesh.  :lol:

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 01, 2017, 12:42:57 PM

Spicy's fine... for a Russian lackey :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on July 01, 2017, 01:22:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 01, 2017, 12:42:57 PM

Spicy's fine... for a Russian lackey :P

That's a big nothingburger.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 01, 2017, 12:40:21 PM
Those things should only be sold by mail order and delivered in brown paper bags.

Because despite the lifelong hatred for useless coozes, cunts and whores, they ones he lives with will still ask him to get some while he's out.  Placing them at the register will remind him to bring some home to the coozes, cunts and whores, because he will have forgotten by then--and really, the last thing he wants to hear is the coozes, cunts and whores at home giving him shit.

A hardware store is men's territory. I'm fine with them being in women's stores, such as supermarkets.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: derspiess on July 01, 2017, 01:31:11 PM

A hardware store is men's territory. I'm fine with them being in women's stores, such as supermarkets.

I'd never heard of Menard's before, and assumed that it was a supermarket, which left me confused as to why you were upset.  IMO, you're still being a dick about it, but at least now I understand where you're coming from.

derspiess

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 01, 2017, 01:31:11 PM

:lol:

So your against small businesses diversifying the products they sell. Also, what products should be sold and where they sell them.

Sounds like big govmint overreach. I thought the GOP stood against that. Or is this a Trump thing?

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Nothing's more manly than large piles of food.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Menard's is a bigass home improvement chain, isn't it?

E:  Hot tub might be a go, Seedy.  :lol::bleeding:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 01, 2017, 05:10:01 PM
Menard's is a bigass home improvement chain, isn't it?

I had never heard of it until I moved to IC, so I'd always assumed it was a smaller chain or even stand-alone.

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

I wish The economist was a little cheaper. 260/year is hard to swallow.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.