News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"The Panama Canal is doing quite well. I think we did a good job building it, right — a very good job."
--El Presidente Supremo Donald J. Trump

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2017, 09:55:46 PM
"The Panama Canal is doing quite well. I think we did a good job building it, right — a very good job."
--El Presidente Supremo Donald J. Trump

Did you see how the President of Panama then muttered under his breath "Yeah, 100 years ago"?  :lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on June 20, 2017, 08:53:51 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2017, 08:33:28 PM
Quote from: Maladict on June 20, 2017, 07:19:24 AM
Probably still younger than all of us, too.

Joined the navy in 2002, so probably born in the 1982-84 range

That would have made him between 18 and 20 when he graduated high school (which he also did in 2002)...

The NASA site was down when I posted that, so I went on memory Mr. Snark.

Much more interesting in that bio was this. Looks like he's the man to have on board if a crew mate gets facehugged by a xenomorph or whateber.

He served as a combat medic, sniper, navigator and point man on more than 100 combat operations, ...

Kim was a resident physician in emergency medicine with Partners Healthcare at Massachusetts General Hospital

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Caught a bit of Jim Bakkers show. The fucker is selling buckets of survivalist food now. :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2017, 07:15:47 AM
Caught a bit of Jim Bakkers show. The fucker is selling buckets of survivalist food now. :lol:

He's still alive?  I could've sworn he died long ago.

Anyway, his PTL show in the 80s was some damned good TV :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Has been for a while. Seems like there's good money to make from selling junk to paranoid Americans...

Zanza

Just read that the current King of Thailand was officially resident in Bavaria (living there more than 185 days in a calendar year) when his father died and is thus subject to German inheritance tax. And apparently he still resides in Bavaria part of the year, which I found surprising as I would have expected him to stay in Thailand now that he's king.

HVC

So Germany is getting half of Thailand? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Is the Thai monarchy real or ceremonial?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 22, 2017, 12:26:31 PM
Is the Thai monarchy real or ceremonial?

Get you locked up for lese majeste.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on June 22, 2017, 11:10:25 AM

Has been for a while. Seems like there's good money to make from selling junk to paranoid Americans...

You know I bought one of those Wise food 28 day boxes? Of course I was punch drunk from lack of sleep when I ordered it at 3 am. :P

But seriously, the supply chain is fragile. One good pandemic and then the shit gets real. Fun stuff I did for the Air Force.  :ph34r:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Oexmelin

The constant level of fear normalized, in the USA, is astonishing. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 22, 2017, 04:42:16 PM
The constant level of fear normalized, in the USA, is astonishing.

Better be prepared for everything going to shit. Some weapons and emergency supplies - whatever they may be defined as - will make you one of the winners when the inevitable society wide collapse comes.

Eddie Teach

I don't think that's very normal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?