News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I feel like total crap. I'm off for staring at the celing for 4 solid hours of insomnia, followed by weird dreams when I finally get to sleep. Like boxing up babies for shipment on trains. Or shooting chinese midgets with a pistol in the head.

G'night!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2017, 09:53:30 PM
Quote from: PDH on January 07, 2017, 09:48:43 PM
Ohio leftists would be center-right here.

You've never been to Yellow Springs. A foul hippie cancer in my county.

Fine ice cream though at Young's dairy.

Until "Photographic Ethnography of Homeless to Empower Gender Realization" becomes an Ohio thing, Santa Cruz wins.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Zanza

Yay, got the last seat on the flight out to Riyadh and then onwards to Munich. I'll just be a day late if that works out. Inshallah as the locals would say.

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2017, 08:46:26 PM

You know cars don't really need to be warmed up so much anymore.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on January 08, 2017, 08:00:31 AM

Depends on where one lives.  In winter, you can certainly need to warm up your car in some areas if you don't want to fog up all the windows with your breath.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on January 08, 2017, 08:23:47 AM
Quote from: Josephus on January 08, 2017, 08:00:31 AM

Depends on where one lives.  In winter, you can certainly need to warm up your car in some areas if you don't want to fog up all the windows with your breath.

:yes:

Yeah, if you don't want to freeze when you get in your car. Sort of the opposite thing in places like Palm Springs in the summer where you want to start your car running before you leave, so as not to melt. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on January 07, 2017, 11:10:15 AM
What the fuck. I am in Khartoum, Sudan, and my flight out was cancelled due to poor weather in Istanbul. Now I am stuck in this not particularly nice place.  <_<

:horseface:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Saudi Arabian Airlines offers a great entertainment program:

CountDeMoney

"Allah is the greatest," what, man?  Don't leave me hanging!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2017, 07:22:40 PM
"Allah is the greatest," what, man?  Don't leave me hanging!

I thought that was Ali.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2017, 11:02:47 AM
Vampirism? Wait so becoming a soulless undead monster who lives on the blood of humans is Satanic now? Damn bible thumpers.

Cain was cursed by God to become the first vampire and all who came after descend from him. Satan had nothing to do with it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 08, 2017, 08:24:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2017, 11:02:47 AM
Vampirism? Wait so becoming a soulless undead monster who lives on the blood of humans is Satanic now? Damn bible thumpers.

Cain was cursed by God to become the first vampire and all who came after descend from him. Satan had nothing to do with it.

you saying all black people are vampires? Racists.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Zanza on January 08, 2017, 06:16:20 PM
Saudi Arabian Airlines offers a great entertainment program:

Poor Abdul, hi parents didn't love him enough to call him al.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.