News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I did a chili from scratch after a long time, and it turned out excellent. Just the right amount of kick, just the right amount of flavor, just the right amount of chunkiness, and with half ground beef and half finely diced beef which turned out beautifully tender instead of leathery.

However, the heartburn/acid reflux is very real. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2015, 03:41:33 PM
I did a chili from scratch after a long time, and it turned out excellent. Just the right amount of kick, just the right amount of flavor, just the right amount of chunkiness, and with half ground beef and half finely diced beef which turned out beautifully tender instead of leathery.

However, the heartburn/acid reflux is very real. :(

:mmm:

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

garbon

Best Word on the Street from Time Out.

"I'm too old for Netflix and chill. I want Amazon Prime and commitment."

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on December 08, 2015, 04:37:44 AM
Best Word on the Street from Time Out.

"I'm too old for Netflix and chill. I want Amazon Prime and commitment."

:lol:

:D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

This is the guy I voted for in the last election. And I feel fine.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on December 08, 2015, 08:05:50 AM
This is the guy I voted for in the last election. And I feel fine.

I'll see that and I'll raise you the guy I voted in the Catalan election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHgVIyPSkS4

Liep

I like my politicians honest and honestly who doesn't start to dance when they hear Queen?

Liep

Dane of the Year according to one newspaper here is Dan Uzan. He was a volunteer guard for the synagogue where they celebrated a bar mitzvah that night in February when a crazed muslim tried to enter loaded with assault rifles.

Dan was shot and died trying to stop the terrorist and succeeded in that he delayed the attacker long enough for police to arrive.

Admiral Yi

Remember that Brit peacenik group, Stop The War, that caught all kinds of heat for saying that the Maidan protesters were fascists and the fighting in the Ukraine was caused by Western meddling?  I just learned that the newly elected head of the Labour Party used to lead STW, just resigned that after he won shadow PM.

Razgovory

I do not remember this, but I'm not surprised.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Well he's an infamous kook.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Also in the same Economist article, it mentioned that STW held conferences on bombing ISIS, invited some Syrian groups, but disinvited them it turned out they were in favor of bombing.  ^_^

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

All the initial excitement of abortions?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

How does any generation grow bigger after the cutoff?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?