News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on November 25, 2015, 03:46:32 AM
I don't think the civil war arc really answers that mutants and superheroes are treat inconsistently and don't belong in the same universe.
It sucks to be a mutant. They get heavily picked on. So if you're a mutant with non visibly obvious powers and nice parents who don't out you right away then why not up and say "yeah, Im Foxman. I  was bitten by a radioactive fox when I was 16. Mutant? Nooooo not me"

The MCU has no mutants.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Wasn't thinking of the civil war trailer when I posted that actually.  Didn't even know it had been released.
I had just watched the first two episodes of Jessica Jones (q mutant I think I remember reading?) Where they're careful not to use the word (since MCU) and it got me thinking
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on November 25, 2015, 12:51:20 PM
Wasn't thinking of the civil war trailer when I posted that actually.  Didn't even know it had been released.
I had just watched the first two episodes of Jessica Jones (q mutant I think I remember reading?) Where they're careful not to use the word (since MCU) and it got me thinking

Nope, she's not a mutant, she gained her superpowers by, I kid you not, a car crash with a military convoy carrying radioactive products.

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on November 25, 2015, 12:57:51 PM

Nope, she's not a mutant, she gained her superpowers by, I kid you not, a car crash with a military convoy carrying radioactive products.

Amazing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on November 25, 2015, 12:57:51 PM

Ah, fair enough then, original reason for thinking nullified then.
But the point stands for others :p
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Our minister of education and science is accused of plagiarising his doctorate, which btw is about Grundtvig, a devout christian the minister himself admires a lot, he's also a firm believer in creationism. And that was the minister of science. And education.

Our minister of defense has resigned following a police investigation into misuse of public funds.

Politics. :wub:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2015, 06:28:32 PM
Quote from: Zanza on November 24, 2015, 05:33:35 AM
No, again. They will eventually have to do it like their American peers, go bankrupt and thus get rid of their pension claims. This situation is not sustainable.

Does Krautistan have an equivalent of US Chapter 11?
No. I think there is a different focus to protect the stakeholder interests rather than the potentially viable corporation. So a liquidation (chapter 7) is more typical. With banks during the financial crisis it was a kind of one-off chapter 11 but with nationalisation or enforced mergers.

Josquius

Odd African guy on the train today. Asks someone if the train goes to x when the sign on it says x.
Asks at the next station if it is definitely going to x.
Announcer says next station x.... he asks is this x.
At first I thought illiteracy and he clearly speaks french so.... :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

So drunk, but happy. Had a really nice Thanksgiving  :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

I heard gossip today that our receptionist at work illegally overstayed her US visa 20 or so years ago and hooked up with a Redskins quarterback. Her hard partying ways were apparently responsible for the team losing a critical (Thanksgiving or Superbowl?) game. Does this ring any bells? Her name is Sharon Kerry, though her surname may have changed, and she's since become a born-again Christian and spent all her savings to set up an orphanage in Kenya.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Brazen on November 27, 2015, 11:52:00 AM
I heard gossip today that our receptionist at work illegally overstayed her US visa 20 or so years ago and hooked up with a Redskins quarterback. Her hard partying ways were apparently responsible for the team losing a critical (Thanksgiving or Superbowl?) game. Does this ring any bells? Her name is Sharon Kerry, though her surname may have changed, and she's since become a born-again Christian and spent all her savings to set up an orphanage in Kenya.

Might want to post that in the NFL thread. If true, wow! :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 27, 2015, 12:09:20 PM
Might want to post that in the NFL thread.

The NFL thread is disposable, that's why there's a new one every week.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

5% of Israelis are vegans.  Highest % in the world.

11B4V

Interesting didn't know this about him.

Queen lead guitarist Brian May joins New Horizons team

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report-queen-lead-guitarist-brian-may-joins-new-horizons-team-2107754
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".