News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Is that the finger that Swedes use to pull the trigger?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2015, 01:23:13 PM
Is that the finger that Swedes use to pull the trigger?

When necessary.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34897404?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

QuotePhuc Dat Bich: Australian with 'misleading' name thanks supporters

He had his account suspended on Facebook because his name was considered fake/offensive.

It's pronounced "Phoo Da Bi," apparently.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Got a memo from a client wishing to have a complete description of the regulatory situation in Canada concerning the sale of their products.

The only description of said products: "... I have been told that we have both meat analog products and non-meat analog products. What we need is to have a complete understanding of what is needed to bring such products into Canada".  :hmm:

I was sorely tempted to write back that everything in the universe either is, or is not, a meat analog product, so this description was not terribly helpful ... but I restrained myself.  ;) I merely sought clarification of what the latter products were.

In-house counsel. Gotta love 'em.   :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

I booked my trip. 2 weeks in SE Asia from next Wednesday. Enter Bangkok, leave Kuala Lampur, now I gotta flesh out the middle. Holiday in Cambodiaaaaaaa :w00t:
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Fucking Lufthansa is on strike again. On the day I've booked a flight.  :ultra: :ultra:

Liep

Are they still striking? What's that? Two weeks?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

No, again. They will eventually have to do it like their American peers, go bankrupt and thus get rid of their pension claims. This situation is not sustainable.

Syt

I have a stuck Amazon delivery. For two weeks now its status has been "in transit." It's one of those deliveries they send by normal mail service instead of package, so I can't track it. I've asked Amazon, they said I should contact the mail service. The mail service says they can't help, I need to talk to Amazon.

Meanwhile, my new SSD is lost in the space between spaces, it seems, and I can't even cancel the order.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Not sure I like the idea of customer service departments making snappy comebacks and trying to go viral, even if it is funny. The change in posture might spill over to people making legitimate complaints.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Iirc that was a fake account and not actually Campbell's. There were plenty around when this was first on the buzz sites.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 24, 2015, 07:39:18 AM
Not sure I like the idea of customer service departments making snappy comebacks and trying to go viral, even if it is funny. The change in posture might spill over to people making legitimate complaints.  :hmm:

That is a famous (notorious?) troll who pretends to be a customer service rep for various companies in order to rile up right wingers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?