News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I've worked with most of my girls the whole ten years I've been here.  Pretty much everything gets discussed but I still keep my guard up to a certain degree.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2015, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2015, 11:21:11 AM
The women you work with are something else.
I don't know if they still are but at one point they were having a "Let's see who can lose the most weight" contest.  Two of them separately asked me if I thought they needed to lose weight. :wacko:  How the fuck do you answer a question like that without stepping on a mine?

The fundamental problem with gender dynamics is that you can ask just about anything but not for someone to adopt a better appearance. I don't get it. It would help me if people would shame me into running or dressing better.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Heh, the administrative assistant who sits opposite my office (not, alas, the one I work with) is the MILF-yist MILF who ever MILFed.  :D Living proof that a woman with kids in her mid-40s can still be very hot indeed.

I get on very well with her, but would not dare to make personal remarks about her appearance. Though I think she would just laugh if I did.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

We don't believe you, need photographic evidence.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 08, 2015, 12:44:13 PM

:lol:

"Excuse me, may I take your photo?"

"Uh, why?"

"I've been chatting up some fellows on this internet site about how hot you are, and ... "
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on May 08, 2015, 12:50:20 PM

"Uh, why?"

"I've been chatting up some fellows on this internet site about how hot you are, and ... "

That should work, yes.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on May 08, 2015, 12:08:00 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2015, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2015, 11:21:11 AM
The women you work with are something else.
I don't know if they still are but at one point they were having a "Let's see who can lose the most weight" contest.  Two of them separately asked me if I thought they needed to lose weight. :wacko:  How the fuck do you answer a question like that without stepping on a mine?

The fundamental problem with gender dynamics is that you can ask just about anything but not for someone to adopt a better appearance. I don't get it. It would help me if people would shame me into running or dressing better.

I think that people generally have enough self-esteem issues about their bodies even if they don't take steps to change what they dislike.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

We can write you a note if that would help, Malthus.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2015, 12:57:35 PM

I think that people generally have enough self-esteem issues about their bodies even if they don't take steps to change what they dislike.

Sometimes a gentle nudge helps move you to action.  Ide has a point.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2015, 12:59:49 PM

I doubt that it would. More like build up resentment against the co-worker who suggested it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2015, 01:02:18 PM
I doubt that it would. More like build up resentment against the co-worker who suggested it.

Probably depends on how well you get along with the co-worker or how they present it.  I wouldn't resent someone who told me I could stand to lose a few pounds.  I do need to, in fact.  But then I'm not a woman.

Habbaku

Quote from: Malthus on May 08, 2015, 12:50:20 PM

"Uh, why?"

You're a lawyer.  Surely you can figure out a good lie to replace the 'online friends' bit.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2015, 01:05:08 PM

Probably depends on how well you get along with the co-worker or how they present it.  I wouldn't resent someone who told me I could stand to lose a few pounds.  I do need to, in fact.  But then I'm not a woman.

I would. I'd be like what spurred on this unnecessary bout of honesty?

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2015, 12:59:49 PM

Fwiw, I think it has no place in the office. :lol:  I just meant generally.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)