And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 31, 2014, 09:36:26 PM
Well I just lost an IQ point looking at those. :mad:

Well don't worry, you still have like 50 more.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I do wonder if anyone can figure out the source of my picture (which is dumb, but took less time to make then an oil painting with giant robots).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on October 31, 2014, 09:36:26 PM
Well I just lost an IQ point looking at those. :mad:

Probably, but can you imagine what is wrong with whoever drew them?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Razgovory on October 31, 2014, 11:02:09 PM
I do wonder if anyone can figure out the source of my picture (which is dumb, but took less time to make then an oil painting with giant robots).

Looks like a scan of a Choose Your Own Adventure book.  No idea which one, though.

Razgovory

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 31, 2014, 11:42:50 PM

Looks like a scan of a Choose Your Own Adventure book.  No idea which one, though.

It was called Terror Island.  I remember it because I checked out of the school library back in 3rd grade and lost it. :(   It had dinosaurs and saber-tooth tigers all wearing mind control elements.  This all seemed much more plausible when i was 10.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 31, 2014, 09:19:52 PM
Beautiful oil paintings of Soviet Mechs of the 1920s

Quoted so BB can lose another IQ point on this page. :yeah:

Also cause they're kind of neat.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

http://abraxa.sdcga.com/cyodeath/book-cov/cyoa059-terror-island.jpg

Was a fan of those as a kid. I remembered the animals with mind-controlling helmets. Gotta admit the cover doesn't make it look like the the most racially-sensitive book in the world, but I don't remember many details.

EDIT: Oh, you already answered.

Josquius

Watching a bit of the old X-Men cartoon today and a thought struck me that I'm sure I've had many times before. The intro is really nice with the awesome early 90s music and all the character's being shown with their name....Cyclops! Yeah! Wolverwine! Woo! Jean Grey...err....that's not a superhero name. Why doesn't she have one?

("She does. Phoenix."= dumb answer)
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on November 01, 2014, 08:22:29 AM
Watching a bit of the old X-Men cartoon today and a thought struck me that I'm sure I've had many times before. The intro is really nice with the awesome early 90s music and all the character's being shown with their name....Cyclops! Yeah! Wolverwine! Woo! Jean Grey...err....that's not a superhero name. Why doesn't she have one?

She started off with "Marvel Girl"; is it any wonder that most of the writers just chose to use her real name whenever they could get away with it?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Syt

The intro is really nice with the awesome early 90s music

Watch this spruced up version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtK84XdyUNc
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Pretty sure those are CG paintings, not oil.

FunkMonk

I loved that cartoon. :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on October 24, 2014, 12:52:09 PM
We need to bring the Qing dynasty back to China. That way Chinese people can learn what a queue is. <_<

:lol:  That's pretty good, Josq.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Fatmai jokes never get old, I suppose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?