News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

You two should go to therapy together. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 15, 2014, 07:08:23 AM
I believe Madonna and Lady Gaga are the only required artists in that handbook.  :hmm:

I think you forgot Yoncé.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I dunno, have a hard time imagining Marty or Grallon listening to her.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 16, 2014, 08:19:02 PM
I dunno, have a hard time imagining Marty or Grallon listening to her.

If Marti hears that gay people listen to her, he'll be up there in the front row of her concert. Grallon is just racist so no surprise there.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Just a couple more things to do before the engine bay gets primed and painted.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

You seem to have lost an engine somewhere.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2014, 11:07:37 PM

Actually I have three on engine stands in the garage.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I think only one will fit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on August 16, 2014, 11:09:45 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2014, 11:07:37 PM

Actually I have three on engine stands in the garage.  :P
Good, you can never have too many spares for that car.

Josquius

That's a huge garage you must have.
Ours is full of stuff, a car has never been inside
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I mentioned on here a month or so ago that a friend of mine died suddenly from an infection.  Well, I went to his visitation/funeral yesterday (didn't stay for the funeral itself) and spent a fair bit of time talking to his mom and dad.  His dad told me that the whole thing started out as strep throat and, because Matt was the 'tough guy' type and figured he could just get over it, didn't go to the doctor until the infection became systemic. :(

After the funeral I went to Bass Pro Shops, since it was in the 'hood, and got a Masterbilt Elite Sporstman 30" electric smoker (which I'm seasoning now) and then to the biergarten after that.  Matt would have approved of both of these post-funeral courses of action. :cool:

R.I.P. Matt.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

I went to a British McDonalds today.
Wow. Such a different experience to Japan. The staff were beyond moronic and the place was filthy. Not to mention the children..... Yet another reason I must not breed with a British girl, I couldn't stand to live in the same house as one of those noisy little buggers. :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Or, you could just discipline your kids. If anything I'd think the Japanese are more reliant on the father for establishing order in the house than the British are.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?