News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 16, 2014, 02:57:30 PM
No option for "Jews control Hollywood" because that's actually true.

Pretty sure Scientologists control Hollywood.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I think most of the Hollywood Scientologists are mere actors.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

A class was studying the Saxon Kings of England and were set a homework assignment on Alfred the Great. The teacher said "Please, whatever you do, don't drag in the old story about how Alfred burnt the cakes. I have read that about five hundred times over the years and I do not need to read it again".

So one student submitted a beautifully researched and written essay that concluded "One day when King Alfred was out walking, he met a peasant woman, who invited him into her house. I am not allowed to say what happened next".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on May 16, 2014, 02:50:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 12:25:15 PM
Damn Germany: http://global100.adl.org/#country/germany

Of course France is way worse and in a scarier way, the young are far more AS than the older generation

Btw, these are the questions:

1 Jews are more loyal to Israel than to [this country/the countries they live in]*
2 Jews have too much power in international financial markets
3 Jews have too much control over global affairs
4 Jews think they are better than other people
5 Jews have too much control over the global media
6 Jews are responsible for most of the world's wars
7 Jews have too much power in the business world
8 Jews don't care what happens to anyone but their own kind
9 People hate Jews because of the way Jews behave
10 Jews have too much control over the United States government
11 Jews still talk too much about what happened to them in the Holocaust

A yes (or "probably true") on 6 of these will count as anti-semitic. I think people answering any of these with "yes" are a bit wack.
How do you define too much?  If you define too much as in "it should actively be reduced", then of course a "yes" is anti-Semitic.  If you define it as "very disproportional", and also don't imply that control/power is pooled among all Jews to push a unified agenda, then a lot of those questions can be answered with "duh".

Syt

I think "too much" (unlike "a lot of") implies that it is excessive and should be reduced. "Too much" rarely, if ever, refers to a neutral state.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

I think a better survey would have one question, "Are you against the jews?"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

According to an FT article I read about the Pfizer-AstraZenaca buyout, AZ accounts for 9% of private R&D spending in the UK.  :wacko:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2014, 03:15:56 PM
According to an FT article I read about the Pfizer-AstraZenaca buyout, AZ accounts for 9% of private R&D spending in the UK.  :wacko:
Why :wacko:?

It's not a huge surprise though. Pharmaceuticals are about a third of our private R&D. But we're dreadful at R&D. Government investment's below average, industry research is below average and our total is one of the lowest in the EU. I'd guess it's probably the lowest in the G7.

Much as I like that we're less anti-semitic than America, I'm a little dubious about that ADL poll. Seems strange that Sweden's very low when  there's been loads of pieces over the last few years worrying about the rise of anti-semitism in Sweden.
Let's bomb Russia!

citizen k

Meet Denmark's VoteMan: Using Sex & Violence To Get Out The Vote For EU Elections

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiCA-EmzcQ

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 16, 2014, 02:50:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 12:25:15 PM
Damn Germany: http://global100.adl.org/#country/germany

Of course France is way worse and in a scarier way, the young are far more AS than the older generation

Btw, these are the questions:

1 Jews are more loyal to Israel than to [this country/the countries they live in]*
2 Jews have too much power in international financial markets
3 Jews have too much control over global affairs
4 Jews think they are better than other people
5 Jews have too much control over the global media
6 Jews are responsible for most of the world's wars
7 Jews have too much power in the business world
8 Jews don't care what happens to anyone but their own kind
9 People hate Jews because of the way Jews behave
10 Jews have too much control over the United States government
11 Jews still talk too much about what happened to them in the Holocaust

A yes (or "probably true") on 6 of these will count as anti-semitic. I think people answering any of these with "yes" are a bit wack.

I'm really surprised that S. Korea got such high marks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on May 16, 2014, 03:11:46 PM
I think "too much" (unlike "a lot of") implies that it is excessive and should be reduced. "Too much" rarely, if ever, refers to a neutral state.
I wonder if this distinction translates well to other languages.

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on May 16, 2014, 03:13:47 PM
I think a better survey would have one question, "Are you against the jews?"

That's too easy to weasel out of. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2014, 03:35:45 PM
It shouldn't be that high.
Oh definitely. But as I say it's part of a general problem, we just don't spend enough of research in this country.

This is a couple of years out of date but nothing's changed much:

It's another part of our post-war economic problems one that, like low productivity, has broadly been papered over in the past few years.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2014, 03:32:39 PM
I'm really surprised that S. Korea got such high marks.

Maybe Jews make the fans that kill all those Koreans :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall