News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

My watch is also titanium, which is nice. Tyr, stylewise it works with both casual and formal dress, which is a requirement.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

watches, how 20th century.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on April 12, 2014, 06:41:01 PM
Her job, as far as I can tell, is to greet customers, wash/massage the customers before they get haircuts, and to serve drinks. She doesn't get tipped directly.

You go to a hair place that serves drinks? :unsure:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on April 12, 2014, 09:16:19 PM
Weird.  It is not like Disraeli is obscure, he is one of Britain's superstars.  Of course neither Milibrand or Disraeli actually do any Jewish stuff like observing the religion or anything.
Yeah Miliband's an atheist and Disraeli a childhood convert to Anglicanism. The last Tory leader was Jewish as well though I don't think he was observant. Apparently the last observant Jewish party leader was a Liberal in the 30s, but he was also an atheist :lol:

Apparently Disraeli described himself to Queen Victoria as 'the blank page between the Old Testament and the New'.

I'm sort of with CM. I had a watch I loved, but it was stolen. So now I just use an old fashioned digital one until I can afford a decent normal one.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Jews in Britain really seem to be all or nothing.
They're either hyper orthodox or utterly irreligious.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 12, 2014, 09:16:19 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 12, 2014, 06:43:04 PM
Ed Miliband's in Israel. His latest slogan is 'One Nation Labour'. He said he hopes to become Britain's first Jewish Prime Minister.

Weird.  It is not like Disraeli is obscure, he is one of Britain's superstars.  Of course neither Milibrand or Disraeli actually do any Jewish stuff like observing the religion or anything.

Disraeli was an Anglican convert (he had to be, to enter politics).

Interestingly, he wrote the very first alt-history book: The Wondrous Tale of Alroy, about a Jew who founds a world-spanning empire in the middle ages (!).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 13, 2014, 04:30:54 AM
We have those here now.  You get your hair cut and can drink while watching sports on big screen TVs, and the hairdressers are all hot chicks with big tits.  It's like Hooters pretty much.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2014, 11:49:58 AM
We have those here now.  You get your hair cut and can drink while watching sports on big screen TVs, and the hairdressers are all hot chicks with big tits.  It's like Hooters pretty much.

They cut your hair at Hooters? :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

For lunch one day, I went with my friend to her hair appointment and sat sipping champagne while flipping through magazines.  I felt like a cliche on one of those reality shows. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

This place doesn't have TV and the hairdressers are mostly men. They just have beer, wine, champagne, soft drinks, etc.

It seems like a good idea. If you are stuck there for a while, why not have a drink?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on April 12, 2014, 02:43:49 PM
There seems to be an abundance of "luxury" watches that try to look fancy and give themselves an expensive sounding name:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/mushroom-brands-german-french-sounding-names-988507.html

Their trick seems to be to set a high base price and then sell them at "80% off" on places like Amazon which is probably still overpriced.

Interesting.

So the watch itself is not a knock off. The watch brand name itself is a scam.

Wow.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

I go to an onld style barber shop with a red and while pole out front, probably hasn't changed since the 1960s. Two old dudes who cut men's hair. There is a stack of tattered old Time magazines to read while you wait. If they are feeling sociable, they may chat about sports and the weather.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

I do like watches, as someone else pointed out they make for good men-jewelry, and serve a function.

My ultimate dream is to own a Vacheron Constantin which has the Maltese Cross as its logo. But alas, a newspaper man can never afford that.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2014, 12:50:34 PM
For lunch one day, I went with my friend to her hair appointment and sat sipping champagne while flipping through magazines.  I felt like a cliche on one of those reality shows. :blush:

:lol:  What reality show?  This Gay Life?

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on April 13, 2014, 12:30:19 PM

They cut your hair at Hooters? :unsure:
You'd be surprised who cuts hair here in US.  Even Mitt Romney did it while working his way through prep school.