And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on April 12, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Is she tipped?  Does she rent the space?  C'mon, man. :lol:

Her job, as far as I can tell, is to greet customers, wash/massage the customers before they get haircuts, and to serve drinks. She doesn't get tipped directly.

My guess--she is new and hasn't yet thought through the logistics of her workspace / doesn't mind boobs in people's faces.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Ed Miliband's in Israel. His latest slogan is 'One Nation Labour'. He said he hopes to become Britain's first Jewish Prime Minister.

:bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

So today I waxed my mustache for the first time.

I'm thinking of going for the full-out crazy (i.e. handebar) look.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2014, 08:36:00 PM
So today I waxed my mustache for the first time.

I'm thinking of going for the full-out crazy (i.e. handebar) look.

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2014, 04:03:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2014, 03:56:29 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 12, 2014, 03:55:20 PM
I have a better timepiece called a fucking cellphone.

Generation Assburger.  Get a watch.

This.

Apparently a possible next big thing are wristbands (with circular display pieces styled like a watch) hooked up to your phone, allowing you to access much of the functionality - like checking email, making calls, and perhaps even checking the time).

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on April 12, 2014, 05:00:57 PM
I was getting my hair washed / scalp massage before a haircut. The person doing it was a rather attractive mid to late 20s girl in a tight shirt. While doing her thing, her chest was just inches from my face, and at times her breasts were actually pressed against my face.

I never saw her after she finished (maybe she left for the day, or maybe went to another room). But the question for languish is, was she coming on to me, was this just the innocent result of her doing her job, or was she just having fun?

She is new to the salon. I like her.  :)

You do tip at hairdressers, right?

Jacob

Jacob

Whoa, there was another page in this thread. I hope no one addressed the points I responded to.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2014, 08:39:18 PM
:hmm:

I've been bemoaning lately the number of hipsters I've seen with handlebars. I don't know why a person would do such a hideous thing to their face.

Also, beard/mustache wax is gross.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on April 12, 2014, 08:52:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2014, 04:03:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2014, 03:56:29 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 12, 2014, 03:55:20 PM
I have a better timepiece called a fucking cellphone.

Generation Assburger.  Get a watch.

This.

Apparently a possible next big thing are wristbands (with circular display pieces styled like a watch) hooked up to your phone, allowing you to access much of the functionality - like checking email, making calls, and perhaps even checking the time).

I keep seeing that being pushed and wonder who the audience is. People too lazy to take their phones out of their pockets? :unsure:

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 12, 2014, 06:43:04 PM
Ed Miliband's in Israel. His latest slogan is 'One Nation Labour'. He said he hopes to become Britain's first Jewish Prime Minister.

Weird.  It is not like Disraeli is obscure, he is one of Britain's superstars.  Of course neither Milibrand or Disraeli actually do any Jewish stuff like observing the religion or anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Tomorrow is month 7 sans cigarettes.  I pop the occasional nicotine lozenge every now and then, but that's every few days to take the edge off something, or when I'm dealing with my mother.

Other than that, lung capacity and sense of taste and smell: better.  Waistline: not.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on April 12, 2014, 09:13:12 PM
I keep seeing that being pushed and wonder who the audience is. People too lazy to take their phones out of their pockets? :unsure:

I'm thinking gadget fetishists, people who like tech status symbols, and uh... dunno.

Still, if people transitioned from fob watches to wrist watches, a similar transition for smart-phones doesn't seem that far fetched.

Basically, if the kids like them it'll work. Then you'll turn into CdM, crankily complaining about young people and their silly affectations.