News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Downtown Portland now having a snack. There is a guy standing in line in front of me dressed as a warcraft elf. He's wearing plastic ears.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 06, 2014, 06:41:09 PM
Downtown Portland now having a snack. There is a guy standing in line in front of me dressed as a warcraft elf. He's wearing plastic ears.

What did Blizzcon get moved to Portland or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 06, 2014, 04:52:04 PM
Just went over Mt. Hood. It was cool.  :)

How did  you go over it?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on April 06, 2014, 06:49:45 PM

How did  you go over it?

Highway 26 smartass. :p

We're on floor 30 of the Bancorp building now. Portland City Grill.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 06, 2014, 06:53:45 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 06, 2014, 06:49:45 PM

How did  you go over it?

Highway 26 smartass. :p

We're on floor 30 of the Bancorp building now. Portland City Grill.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass. I was thinking the options to go over it are to climb it, helicopter, or plane. Highway  26 sort of goes around the mountain, but it does go over part of it.

Maybe next year or the year after I'm going to try climbing it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2014, 10:02:17 AM
That reminds me of my friend who worked in Japan in the 80s.  One day at an office party he got drunk and called out his boss publicly.  Normally that would just get you fired but it seems his boss was so mad about it he hired the Yakuza to take revenge and he had to flee to Hong Kong.  I thought it was nice the Yakuza warned him that if he didn't leave Japan they would kill him.  Not every criminal organization is so polite.
Really? In Korea and I believe Japan you can say just about anything drunk and it's like it never happened. Hell you can be stone cold sober and just explode into a rant in an office meeting and it never happened. Harmony is everything and everyone's under so much ridiculous pressure that it happens to everyone and so they just pretend these outbursts never happened.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 06, 2014, 07:14:56 PM
Really? In Korea and I believe Japan you can say just about anything drunk and it's like it never happened. Hell you can be stone cold sober and just explode into a rant in an office meeting and it never happened. Harmony is everything and everyone's under so much ridiculous pressure that it happens to everyone and so they just pretend these outbursts never happened.

That doesn't go for you. You can't say anything. You don't speak the language.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 06, 2014, 07:14:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2014, 10:02:17 AM
That reminds me of my friend who worked in Japan in the 80s.  One day at an office party he got drunk and called out his boss publicly.  Normally that would just get you fired but it seems his boss was so mad about it he hired the Yakuza to take revenge and he had to flee to Hong Kong.  I thought it was nice the Yakuza warned him that if he didn't leave Japan they would kill him.  Not every criminal organization is so polite.

Well I wasn't there.  He broke some social taboo though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 06, 2014, 06:41:09 PM

Keep Portland weird.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

I'm in a SpringHill Suites by Marriott tonight.

It's not bad for a single evening, but if I had money I'd be earning Starwood points right now.  Or at least slumming for some Hilton Honors points.   :lol:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Spanks.

At least I'm about 10 miles away from the building, which down here translates to about a 40 minute drive at 9:30am.   :lol:

I miss my cat. :(

Tuesday's interview up by Philly won't be so bad, since it's in the afternoon.

Ed Anger

At least you can stay up past 11pm if you want.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2014, 09:50:09 PM
At least you can stay up past 11pm if you want.
:D

I start new job on Tuesday.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I'm sleeping in. I've been having weird ass dreams for the past 4 days and my sleep patterns are fucked up.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive