And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2014, 01:49:15 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 11, 2014, 11:59:29 AM
A prosecutor in New Jersey has started charging heroin dealers with homicide under strict liability.

In the same CNN story a talking head claimed overdose of opium (opiates??) is the 3rd leading cause of death in Massachussetts.

It's not helping that OD deaths from heroin in some cities have skyrocketed in recent months due to the increased prevalence of fentanyl mixed in with it. 

QuoteLethal new mix of heroin has killed EIGHTY users across the East Coast this year
By Associated Press Reporter
PUBLISHED: 21:42 EST, 16 February 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2560998/More-80-dead-U-S-lethal-mix-heroin-hits-streets.html

Huh, we've had a rash of ODs in mid Missouri this month.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Maximus on March 11, 2014, 10:10:20 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2014, 09:37:46 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 11, 2014, 08:41:17 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2014, 03:11:26 AM
No love for the Viking painting I posted. :(

It's from Mount&Blade, isn't it?
Not sure. I saw it posted on another forum and liked it.
Yea, it's loading screen art from M&B:Warband I think
The Vikings go for the less Mount and more blade strategy I imagine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

10 years ago:

But at least he kept the toaster!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Rio Christ gives me the heebie-jeebies.  I have issues with heights that far up.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2014, 07:28:26 PM

Not so sure there. Junk (real world) mail is a bigger problem than ever these days.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Unless you have a sticker on your mailbox AND apartment door (some stuff comes in small plastic bags to hang on your door knob) you can expect up to 1.5 or 2 kg of fliers and promotional material every week here in Vienna (almost every sort of chain store has a weekly or bi-weekly flier that they send out, some being several dozen pages, with 8 to 16 pages being pretty standard).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2014, 01:38:21 AM

Not so sure there. Junk (real world) mail is a bigger problem than ever these days.
The cartoon doesn't say junk mail, it says letter. When was the last time you got an actual written letter?

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I took a quick peek into the Anime Thread, and :bleeding:
You just can't unsee that sort of thing.

Eddie Teach

Do human figures with huge eyes and no nose creep you out that much? I mean, they've been posting that stuff on the forum for over a decade...  :hmm:

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 12, 2014, 04:49:34 AM
Do human figures with huge eyes and no nose creep you out that much? I mean, they've been posting that stuff on the forum for over a decade...  :hmm:

The humans imitating anime are more scary.
Along with the human Barbies.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

Eddie Teach

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 12, 2014, 04:57:19 AM

I'd probably hit it.  :blush:

Sadly, so would I.  :Embarrass:
Then I would have a crying wank of shame at home afterwards.
The artist formerly known as Norgy