News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I finished my Combat Mission AAR.  It's in the Gaming HQ.  I didn't win. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Surely that can't be real. Why would such a thing be newsworthy in America? And demi-god of extremists? I think they overegg his position in the early 20s.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2013, 08:33:12 AM
Surely that can't be real. Why would such a thing be newsworthy in America? And demi-god of extremists? I think they overegg his position in the early 20s.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70A17F73F5B12738DDDA80A94DA415B848EF1D3
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2013, 08:50:11 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2013, 08:33:12 AM

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70A17F73F5B12738DDDA80A94DA415B848EF1D3

Nothing can get past Tyr's incisive mind.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Incisive isn't the word I'd use.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

WTF!!

One of the ads on my Facebook page was:

"Listen to your body..."

:grr:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Quote from: merithyn on October 20, 2013, 10:19:53 AM
WTF!!

One of the ads on my Facebook page was:

"Listen to your body..."

:grr:

What a waste. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

So the stray cat I've been feeding for months is not and never has been a stray.  Someone's SNAP benefits just ran out.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 20, 2013, 10:06:28 AM
Incisive isn't the word I'd use.

It really depresses me that's he better educated then I am.

Josephus

that item was copyright New York Times....did you get permission to post? ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on October 17, 2013, 09:02:01 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2013, 08:48:13 AM
Ed has the tree up. Ed no longer has to do any Christmas shit until December. Ed has visible reminder to kids to be good or Santa will fuck them up. Santa is Ed's discipline enforcer for the next three months.

Most importantly, kids happy. Advice from wiccans and Albertans: ignored

Ed's a good dad. :)
Not really.  He's failed to teach his children to act appropriately.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Most popular names for baby girls in the U.S. by year. The 70s were the Decade of Jennifer. :unsure:

—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Why the sudden change in 1970 to Jennifer?  Can't really recall any rock star famous Jennifer around that time.  Or did they release a new edition of the baby names book around that time?