And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on June 14, 2013, 10:15:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2013, 09:46:55 PM
Sweet! Maybe katmai's right, and I should be more receptive...

Quote'Suicidal and homicidal' woman escapes from Baltimore psychiatric ward, police said

Jennifer Carlson, a 37-year-old woman described by Baltimore police as "suicidal and homicidal," walked away from a psychiatric ward at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore Friday, possibly headed toward the Mount Vernon neighborhood. Officers from the missing persons unit were investigating.
I'm sure she's more afraid of you then you are of her!

I think they'd be perfect for each other.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2013, 10:40:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2013, 12:37:16 PM
From an Economist article about the Spanish language, the interesting observation that Spanish is widely studied as a second language in only three countries: the US, Brazil, and France.
One of my best students (one of the finalists I was talking about) wants to be a diplomat. She plans on studying Spanish in University. It'll pretty much guarantee her a job.
Does she have good looks. That may also help.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2013, 06:54:25 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 14, 2013, 06:45:27 PM
I can't wait till GangstaKitty is eating your face, weirdo.

There's absolutely no good or compelling reason under any realistic conditions anyone should want to flirt with me.  Ergo, something's gotta be up.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Moe trafficks in the truth.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 15, 2013, 01:09:40 PM
Moe trafficks in the truth.

I like that episode when Moe gets a facelift and uses his newfound handsome face to wreak vengeance on everyone who ever told him he was ugly.
and the horse you rode in on

Phillip V

I made a cash offer on a house today, but the owner refused me. :mad:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on June 15, 2013, 04:02:54 PM

Lowballing too much is insulting.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: fahdiz on June 15, 2013, 05:10:54 PM

It's not me. It's the market!

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on June 15, 2013, 05:15:38 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 15, 2013, 05:10:54 PM

It's not me. It's the market!

It must be you, or he'd have accepted the offer :)

derspiess

So what started a few weeks ago as a flippant remark by me has turned into a effort to convince the ownership of a localbrewery to let us camp out behind their farmhouse July 4th. The owner's wife (who calls herself an owner) gave us the all-clear last night, as long as they could get an employee to be on site. So we bribed our favorite bartender.

Now that it's a real thing, I need to start thinking through the pariculars.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2013, 09:00:10 PM
The owner's wife (who calls herself an owner)

The noive!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

I'm leaving for the frozen wastes of Michigan tomorrow morning. Hooray for last minute road trips! Plans include golf, some sort of party with my in-laws, golf, and a visit to Central Michigan's campus (the wife wants to see how things are 15 years later, or however the math works out :P ). Should be fun.