News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

These hot wheels tracks need a splash of color....
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Shit, now I'm Martha-horny, brb in 10.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jacob

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2013, 08:43:46 AM
Quote from: Maladict on June 05, 2013, 07:15:53 AM
Funny how tourism works. The cathedral and baptistery next to the leaning tower are way more interesting and get completely ignored (the other interesting places in Pisa even more so), but a roughly equally interesting cathedral in Siena is suddenly a must see.

Anyways, visiting Italy in August? I'd avoid the usual tourist hotspots like the plague, basically everything you mentioned including San Marino.
The South is out too, because of the heat. I'd stick to the north and visit Turin, Bologna, Ravenna, Mantua or Padua instead. 

Yeah I'm kinda surprised Funk didn't mention Rome as touristy. I went in March and bits like the Vatican were still pretty packed, so I wouldn't want to imagine August.

To be fair everyone knows Rome is touristy :P Hard to get away from the crowds sometimes.

Though my favorite place to eat was local place owned by a couple of old dudes in Prati. One of our party failed to finish her salad and it was as if she had murdered the old man's mother.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Quote from: fahdiz on June 05, 2013, 12:19:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2013, 12:14:39 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 05, 2013, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2013, 12:09:28 PM
Hell, I'd fuck her.  Even at her age, I bet she can ride like Secretariat.

Concur. Plus you could tie her up with her own homespun ribbons.

A valance makes a lovely lace-trimmed gag, and seasonal candles add just the right touch of lavender to nipples.

:lol:

GAG BALL, GAG BALL
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

The Larch

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 05, 2013, 11:37:32 AMYou can wonder the Forum grounds for free.

AFAIK not anymore, nowadays you have to buy a ticket for it.

Btw, august is probably the worst part of the year by far to visit Italy. In some places it seems that the whole country is closed for holidays.

Phillip V

Church folk took me out to dinner at a nice restaurant after the Wednesday evening service. I sat between a 70-year-old and 85-year-old. No younger people there, but meal and dessert were paid for. :)

jimmy olsen

Looks pretty awesome, too bad I don't have a PS3

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hP4Bsu0rAM
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Quote from: Tyr on June 05, 2013, 12:58:43 AM
Its all but confirmed, I'll be in Europe for just shy of a month in August.  :punk:
I want to do some (budget) travelling whilst I'm there. Suggestions?

Contemplating heading down to Manchester and Liverpool because I've never been there before.
And looking at some sort of Barcelona-Valenica-Madrid journey. Though unsure on Valencia's worthyness.
I will hop over to Dublin for a little it at some point. Maybe. Haven't been for donkies of years.
Budapest is also a heavy consideration for a quick trip. As are to lesser extents Oslo, Warsaw.

The main place I want to go is Italy. How are trains in Italy?
Rome and Florence are the biggies. Is Pisa worthwhile? Venice is a bit of a hole I hear but...maybe? Nipping into San Marino could be good too...and doubtless Siena et al have something to offer also. hmm....

I can't do them all...money is a factor as is time (I really should spend time with my family when I'm home...). hmm...

I hate you. :mellow:

Those are "cheap" jaunts for you? Bastard. :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

They are cheap all the same to you to Meri. You just have to get to Europe first. He's not adding that to his equation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.