Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Phillip V on March 08, 2013, 09:55:46 AM
"Thank you for your service."

They got paid.

Though I wonder to what degree they'd be entitled to government programs existing at the time of enlistment.  Seems like a raw deal to sign up with the promise that your body will be used as a vehicle to transfer wealth to the educational-industrial complex, then a couple of years later "LOL SORRY DEFICITS."  Like, that sounds a little bit like a property interest being taken without due process.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2013, 09:07:34 PM
A nice seeming friend admitted to me yesterday that they don't like dogs.
Are they a bad person? Do I need to kill them?

I don't like dogs.  I'm the best person.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

It's more of a character flaw or lack of intelligence more than anything evil.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 08, 2013, 09:09:15 PM
Most dogs should be shot. And thier owners.

Cat lover. cats are usless.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Shoot them
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 09:43:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 08, 2013, 09:09:15 PM
Most dogs should be shot. And thier owners.

Cat lover. cats are usless.

Dog owners need to keep thier rabid animals under control. And drown those tiny tipping dogs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Meanwhile Sturmfuhrer Drut Eliminates the rabbits on my property. Good cat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

When was the last time a cat ever saved anyone's life?

Dogs do that all the time.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

When was the last time a cat killed an adult human?
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2013, 10:13:12 PM
When was the last time a cat ever saved anyone's life?

Dogs do that all the time.

Cat helped me out yesterday.  Whenever I'm starting to wig out, cat comes over to calm me down.  So really, that cat has saved your life several times.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 04:03:18 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 08, 2013, 03:26:44 PM
Internet is down! iPhone 3G hotspot to the rescue.

For whatever reason, wireless reception at my house has steadily declined over the past few years.  I have to go upstairs if I want to get a reliable 3G signal.  Used to get 4G at home but don't bother trying now.  Thankfully I haven't had an internet outage lately.
Which carrier and state?

derspiess

Sprint in Cincinnati. Used to be awesome service but it has degraded a bit and my bill keeps going up. Only thing they've still got going for them is unlimited data.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall