And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 25, 2012, 10:32:39 PM
Red Lobster (??)

It's ok to eat fish, cause they don't have any feelings.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I recently stumbled on a website called boobpedia. It is wonderful.
As a result of this site I am increasingly finding myself drawn to Fukuoka. Was already considering it for a change and the lack of foreigners but all the hot Japanese girls seem to come from that area....
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Apparently H.W. Bush is in intensive care :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Lettow77

Quote from: Tyr on December 26, 2012, 03:54:53 AM
I recently stumbled on a website called boobpedia. It is wonderful.
As a result of this site I am increasingly finding myself drawn to Fukuoka. Was already considering it for a change and the lack of foreigners but all the hot Japanese girls seem to come from that area....

:) Fukuoka has gotten attention in media for trying to promote itself as a city with unusually beautiful women. (This is in the face of the traditional stereotype, mind you, but seems to conform to facts on the ground..)

I have intent to stake out fukuoka as my long-term residence as well. Fukuoka is desirable.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

In Carinthia there's an annual meeting of the Ulrichsberggesellschaft, an association for WW2 veterans and their relatives. In the past the Army co-sponsored their meeting, but withdrew support in 2009 because it always featured a strong right-wing bend and known members of the right-wing extremist scene (Carinthia has a bit of a reputation in that regard).

This year, the head of the association mentioned in his speech, that "the Waffen-SS only did their duty. Name but one war crime in which the Waffen-SS was involved."

The state attorney investigated  but found that there's no evidence that the guy denied NS crimes (which is punishable in Austria). Greens and Social Democrats are outraged.

Most common user comments on Austrian news pages: that's old history, let it lie, Green multiculturalism is more dangerous than post-war right wingers ever were, history teaches us that Greens will get their comeuppance at some point etc. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 27, 2012, 12:14:08 AM
I have intent to stake out fukuoka as my long-term residence as well. Fukuoka is desirable.
Are you still determined to not have a job?  This could be relevant since most countries don't admit immigrants who intend to lay around and live off the public dole. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2012, 04:44:04 AM
This year, the head of the association mentioned in his speech, that "the Waffen-SS only did their duty. Name but one war crime in which the Waffen-SS was involved."
:lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 27, 2012, 11:25:42 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2012, 12:33:52 AM
and Red Lobster (??)

Dude, you're dating a black chick now. 

Yup.  Make sure to leave a $0 tip.

After asking for a 2nd order of biscuits, and shoving them in your pockets.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 11:26:56 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 27, 2012, 11:25:42 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2012, 12:33:52 AM
and Red Lobster (??)

Dude, you're dating a black chick now. 

Yup.  Make sure to leave a $0 tip.

After asking for a 2nd order of biscuits, and shoving them in your pockets.

And then loudly complaining about the service.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Quote from: Caliga on December 27, 2012, 07:08:23 AM
Are you still determined to not have a job?  This could be relevant since most countries don't admit immigrants who intend to lay around and live off the public dole. :)

I was a bit misquoted if it is believed I never intend to have a job. I'd like to never work hard- a certain amount of work is unavoidable to satisfy basic needs. But I will go through my life in a humble station with humble tastes, and never work more than I have to to attain the few things I need.

If you think about it, I am sure you know people who make lots of work for themselves when there is none around, self-driven people who are always doing something. Success sometimes follows these people's diligence, but I am not really interested.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Phillip V

Clemson University student put a realistic rubber turtle in the middle of a lane on a busy road near campus. Then he got out of the way and watched over the next hour as seven drivers swerved and deliberately ran over the animal. Several more apparently tried to hit it but missed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/college-students-turtle-project-takes-dark-twist-18076298

Grey Fox

So much snow, so much fucking snow. I need to buy a blower. Seriously, 8 feet of snow between my house & my carport is ridiculously hard to shovel (still not done).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Phillip V on December 27, 2012, 03:38:39 PM
Clemson University student put a realistic rubber turtle in the middle of a lane on a busy road near campus. Then he got out of the way and watched over the next hour as seven drivers swerved and deliberately ran over the animal. Several more apparently tried to hit it but missed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/college-students-turtle-project-takes-dark-twist-18076298

Yeah, I've seen that sort of behaviour for real on minor/back road, motorists accelerating and manoeuvring to try and hit wildlife.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"