derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on December 24, 2012, 10:10:51 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2012, 12:27:14 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 23, 2012, 11:51:38 PM
Probably been shared here before but I'm too lazy and don't give a damn:

Hitler at a Christmas party, 1941, color pictures

Nobody seems really happy to be there.

Nothing says "merry Christmas" like a roomful of Nazis in 1941.  :D

Not only that, but they're packed in there like sardines.  I'm sure some of Goering's parties were a lot more lively.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Four firefighters were shot while responding to a blaze in a town near Rochester, NY. Two died.

No shooters found.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/firefighters-shot-responding-webster-ny-house-fire/story?id=18055594#.UNh-M2-siSo

Syt

Obviously you'll need an armed guard on every fire truck. Riding shotgun, in the original sense.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2012, 11:18:43 AM
Obviously you'll need an armed guard on every fire truck. Riding shotgun, in the original sense.

Considering how one of the volunteer firefighters killed was a police lieutenant in town, it's obviously not a solid plan.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 24, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2012, 11:18:43 AM

Considering how one of the volunteer firefighters killed was a police lieutenant in town, it's obviously not a solid plan.

See? You can't rely on the police to protect you.

Needs more guns. Guns for all!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on December 24, 2012, 11:10:36 AM
Four firefighters were shot while responding to a blaze in a town near Rochester, NY. Two died.

No shooters found.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/firefighters-shot-responding-webster-ny-house-fire/story?id=18055594#.UNh-M2-siSo

Looks like Berkut finally snapped.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Jack Klugman kicked the bucket.

RIP Quincy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Christmas haul sucks this year. All crappy stuff. Atleast my kid got cool toys for me to assemble.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 25, 2012, 04:19:26 PM
Christmas haul sucks this year. All crappy stuff. Atleast my kid got cool toys for me to assemble.

My Christmas was pretty solid.  $420, some chocolate, some HDMI cables, gift cards to Regal Cinemas and Red Lobster (??), and a belt.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

CountDeMoney